Chapter 2

I left the dead bodies on the ground in the Quarter. I stood on the roof of a building as I watched a group of people following a witch for a tour. I watched as she talked to someone. "Are you gonna continue following me, Elijah, or do you want to talk?" The woman said. "Elijah?" I whispered with wide eyes. I smile widened along my face. "Well...things got interesting. Now didn't it?" I stated. I saw my older brother in a fancy black suit. "You know who I am." Elijah said. "An Original Vampire, always wears a suit." the woman said. "Well...that's false...I wear leather jackets and in disguise as the Stilinski fellow I wore lots and lots of plaid." I said. "You and your family are famous amongst the witches, especially with your brother back in town." the woman said. "They don't know I'm here. I mean...I just killed those dastardly vampires." I said confused. "Well, Niklaus is here because he learned that a witch was conspiring against him, someone by the name of Jane-Anne Deveraux." Elijah said. "Niklaus? Here? That wolfy brother of mine? Three Originals in a small city?" I asked. "Well, if he's looking for Jane-Anne, he's a little late." The witch said. "Are you telling me she's dead?" Elijah asked. "Come on. Her sister Sophie is gonna want to talk to you." The witch stated. I flew off the roof and followed my older brother to his destination.

They arrived at the Quarter to see a group of people gathered around a rather dead looking girl. I landed quietly on the edge of another rooftop. "That's Jane-Anne?" Elijah asked the witch. "Killed in public for anyone to find. Only people who come around here are the witches. Now her sister has come to take her body. Her spirit can't rest until it's been properly interred in the cemetery." The witch explained. I crossed my arms in contemplation. Why was the witch killed? I thought. "Please tell me that my brother had nothing to do with this." Elijah said. "No. Jane-Anne died because she was caught doing magic." "Magic? What? What's the point of being a damn witch if you can't do magic? That sounds rather oxymoronic." I said. "What do you mean, she was caught doing magic?" Elijah asked. "Exactly." I said. There was a whistle off in the distance. I looked to the right to see multiple silhouettes. "You want to know who killed Jane-Anne? You're about to get your first glimpse of Marcel in action." "The vampire Marcel?" Elijah asked her. "No, the werewolf you dumb-ass." I said to myself. "Things have changed since your family left town. Marcel has changed. I'm asking you, stay hidden. If Marcel, finds out that a witch let the Originals back into town, my people will be slaughtered." The witch begged. Elijah flew off to a hiding spot. I looked at Elijah to see him watching the event play out. I rolled my eyes. "Well, well, well. What have we here? I got to tell you, Soph, this street corner is not proving the luckiest spot for your family tonight." Marcel said. I squinted my eyes in fury. I was never fond of Marcel. I always resented him. His vampires hissed. "Not half an hour ago, we had to teach your sister a little lesson." Marcel said to Sophie. "We're putting her to rest, Marcel. Leave us alone." "I never said you could move the body. Matter of fact, I left her here for a reason, send a message. If anybody is thinking of joining some kind of rebellion, my rules state that witches can't practice magic in the Quarter, and yet a little birdie informed me that Jane-Anne was cooking up something magically delicious. Oh, yeah. While I have you, quick Q&A. My old friend the Hybrid Klaus, he just happened to show up out of the blue asking for, of all people, Jane-Anne. Any idea why?" Marcel said. "I don't know. Witches don't get involved in vampire business." "Mm, that would be pretty stupid, that's for sure. Tell you what. Go back to the restaurant. Cook up some of that famous gumbo and keep those tourists happy. Take the body." Marcel said. "What? No. Stop. Stop. Marcel--" I jumped off the roof and sped off to the group. "I'm gonna hold on to your sister's body in case maybe you remember why Klaus is here." Marcel said. "Marcel, please. Her body won't be at peace." "Not my problem." Marcel said in a sing-song voice walking away wagging his finger in the air. Then he was gone.

"Um...might I know what the hell is going on here?" I asked tapping the shoulder of the man grabbing Sophie. "Beat it, kid." the man said. I scoffed. "Kid? That's funny." I said with a chuckle. "I said beat it kid, or else." the man said showing fangs. "Or else what? Hmm? You and your little group of vampires gonna kill me? Well, News flash! I can't die." I said morphing into my vampire self. Glowing my Chimeran eyes. I hissed and grabbed the man by his throat. "Oh and for your information...I'm not a kid...I'm a monster." I said. "What the hell? You're not Klaus!" "Great observational skills!" I said sarcastically. "Do I look like the Hybrid? No...I don't. So. If I were you I'd let the girl go...if you want to keep your heads." I said giving them a choice. "And if I don't?" "Things will get...chaotic....and I looooove chaos. I find it rather...exhilarating." I said with mischievous smile. "Who are you?" "I'm not your friend...that's for sure." I said squeezing my fist tightly around his neck. "Okay. Okay. I accept the deal." "Well. Goody for you. Except I don't really care about your life." I said shrugging. I grabbed his head pulling it clean off shoulders. "Now...gents...shall we?" I said running to each vampire and tearing their hearts out after beheading them with my hands. I cracked my neck after my splendid work and looked over at the girl. "You. Tell me why Klaus has business with you. Now." "Why should I? Who are you?" "Wouldn't you love to know? Tell me." "No." She said insistent. I chuckled with a scoff. "You have some nerve. I would kill you right now if I didn't already know that you were hexed to a linking spell." I said. "How did you know that?" She asked with wide eyes. "Please...if you thought that you were going to trick me you could've at least tried. I mean seriously...You thought that you could trick me? Me of all people in the world? I appreciate your terrible effort but again...I say...seriously? Witch...I created trickery. I created mischief. Hell, I am the mischief. I am the trickster, love. There's no tricking me." I said getting in her face. She stood silent. "Now before I get impatient and paint this city red with the blood of the hundreds of witches that occupy it...why don't you answer this simple question...Who is she?" I asked. The girl looked at me silent. "Tick tock goes the clock. You're lucky I gave you this much time to answer. If you hadn't noticed already...I have a thing against witches." I stated. A girl." "Really?! Well no shit! I can smell that, you dumb-ass." I said. "A special girl." "Aw. A special little snowflake. Wonderful. Why are you protecting it?" "She's carrying something. And I'm not protecting it. She's insurance." She said. "Out with it, girl!" I screamed getting aggravated by how long this was getting dragged out. The girl flinched. "Just tell me so I can help you." I said taking a breath regaining my composure. "Why do you want to help me?" The girl asked. "Trust me...you're gonna want my help, if you want to stop Marcellus." I said seriously. The girl sighed. "Meet me in the Lafayette cemetery. I'll show you." The girl said. I nodded and sped off.