Chapter 36

"What 3 European countries begin with A?" Cami asked. "Albania, Austria, Andorra." I said pressing my fingers to my forehead and sitting up. Cami grunted flicking the card over shoulder into the lazy pile on the floor. "Ugh. Okay. All right." She said searching for a question throwing cards over her shoulder. "Hey. Who was the only U.S. president to earn a PhD?" She asked. "The tedious Woodrow Wilson." I answered refilling my drink. "Who rode Secretariat to the Triple Crown in 1973?" She asked. "Ron Turcotte." I answered taking a sip of my drink. "No! I refuse to believe that you just happen to know that." Cami said. I squinted my eyes and raised a brow.

She laughed and accidentally spilled some of my drink on my sleeve

She laughed and accidentally spilled some of my drink on my sleeve. "Sorry Stiles." She said with a sigh. I dried the spill on my sleeve. "Stiles? Hey, are you okay?" She said going to grab my hand. My hand snapped out and I grabbed her wrist looking at her. Her eyes went wide. "I'm not as fragile as my brother suggest." I said before my phone rang. I answered. "Rebekah where the hell are you?" I asked. "Oh. I see. I'm sorry to have bothered you. I've must have dialed the wrong number then." I said hanging up and looking at Camille. "What's wrong?" She asked. I clenched my jaw and called Klaus who answered immediately. "Just got off the phone with Angelica Barker...who happens to be very much herself." I said looking out the window. "What are you talking about?" Klaus asked. "I'm saying that our dear sister, Rebekah has either ding dong ditched us or she's not Angelica Barker at all." I said. "I'll find out what's wrong after the others and I can get ourselves out of here." Klaus said. "Anything that I should be concerned about?" I asked furrowing my eyebrows. "Unless you have a way to break a barrier spell in that cunning mind of yours." Klaus said. "If there was a spell for that. I would have already told you. Because I would've been the one to create that spell. Actually...wait...I think I did." I said squinting my eyes. I sped up to my room and grabbed my own personal ancient spell grimoire. I flipped through it and found what I was looking for. "Lucky for you and everyone else you're trapped with..
your little brother is a master of the dark arts and is very much capable of creating spells." I said taking a picture of my spell, 'Obice Transuerso', which is a literally what it meant...a barrier reversal spell. "What would I do without you brother?" Klaus asked. "Hmm. You'd probably be dead with the White Oak Stake in your chest while Father overlooks you with a maniacal grin on his face." I said with a smirk as I hung up.

Hayley POV

"We need to talk." I said. "Are you okay?" Jackson asked as he turned around and looked at me. "Yes. Uh--No, I mean. I was just thinking that if we're gonna go through with this marriage...then I wanna do it right and I wanna be honest with you." I said. "The last couple of days when I was gone...the truth is...I was with Stiles." I said. "Okay." Jackson said shrugging his shoulders. "No. I mean, I was with Stiles." I said. It took a moment for Jackson to get what I was saying. He turned around and walked some distance before turning around to look at me. "Are you in love with him?" He asked. I just stared. "Right. I guess I already knew that, didn't I?" Jackson stated. "It doesn't matter how I feel, Jack." I said. "This isn't about me or you. It's--" I started. "It's a sacrifice." Jackson said. "That's not what I said." I replied. "No. Hayley, you didn't have to." He said before he left.