Chapter 63

I sat at the bar with Klaus for hours while we talked about the prophecy. "If we find the seer that supposedly came up with this maybe we can look for answers." I suggested. "How might we do that? We don't know where to start." Klaus stated. "Easy...we go to the person it came from." I said vaguely. "Who might that be?" He asked. "Lucien Castle." I said downing the whiskey and getting up and heading to the exit. Klaus sat at the bar for a second. "Wait what?" Klaus asked.  I left the bar Klaus close behind me. "What do you mean Lucien?" He asked. "Lucien is the one that told Cassius about the prophecy. Who then told me." I said turning a corner. "How did Lucien get this information? And if it has the ability to make you worry this much. I can only assume there's a possibility of it being true." Klaus said stepping in front of me. I sighed. "Something like that." I stated walking past him. 

Hayley POV HOURS EARLIER

I stood in the apartment after eavesdropping on a conversation across the street at the Mikaelson state. I could hear Stiles becoming moving around in his room. I caught a glimpse of him in his room. He didn't look like his usual self. His hair was a mess and he looked like he hadn't fed in ages. He held a book in his hands as he flipped through the pages furiously. He threw the book across his room and pressed the palms of his hands to his eyes and took a deep breath. "Think Stiles. Think. How do you handle a prophecy that tells the end of all sirelines and the end of your family?" I heard him say to himself. "What?" I said with wide eyes. "BLOODY DAMN IT!" Stiles screamed flipping over furniture aggravated. Stiles' phone rang. He ignored it as he went back to searching for an answer. "Mieczy...will you answer your bloody phone? I get that Hayley isn't talking to you. But that doesn't give you a reason to shut everyone else out, Foxy." I heard Klaus on the phone. He shut everyone out? Stiles sighed shaking his head. "Open the bloody door, Stiles." Klaus said from outside Stiles' room. "No." Stiles stated leaning against a table. "Oh...it's good to know you haven't tried to kill yourself yet." Klaus said. I watched Stiles drop his head he went to the door and opened it. "I hate you, you get that right?" Stiles told him. "Wow...are you alright, brother? You don't look like your usual self." Klaus countered looking at his younger brother. "It's not easy dealing with a freak prophecy that predicts the end of most of the sirelines." Stiles answered. "What prophecy?" Klaus asked. "Apparently, Cassius told me about a prophecy that envisions all of the Original Family sirelines being slaughtered....but mine. I guess." Stiles explained. "Why wouldn't you tell me about this?" Klaus asked. "Because...FOR ONCE....I would like to end it before it becomes a problem where someone ends up dead!" Stiles shouted. 

Klaus grabbed a chair and took a seat looking at Stiles. "I get what you mean. What I don't understand is why you didn't tell me? If you did. I could have helped you." Klaus asked. This was the first time I'd ever heard Klaus sound sincere and caring for his brother. I watched Stiles lean against the bed frame and stare down at the floor. "I wanted to do something that didn't require the help from someone. If I could do some good...it would make up for the horrible things I've done." Stiles explained with a slight voice crack. "Brother...if Hayley doesn't have it in herself to forgive you for what you did...at least have it in yourself to forgive yourself. If you don't the guilt you're carrying will swallow you whole and you'll never be the same person again." Klaus said standing up and walking over to Stiles and putting his hands on his shoulders. "You're smart when you want to be, aren't you?" Stiles asked. "You thought you were the only smart one? I feel offended." Klaus said with a smirk. "Now about this prophecy. What exactly did Cassius tell you?" Klaus asked him.  "That our sirelines will fall by each of the Original hands. We will betray each other to keep our sirelines alive." Stiles said. "Sounds rather apocalyptic, don't ya think? " Klaus asked. "I'd be the only one to survive it." Stiles stated. "Pessimistic are we?" Klaus asked him. "Just want this to bloody end. Doesn't help that I look up and see Hayley and Jackson across the street in an apartment together." Stiles said. I looked down at the floor. "Sorry about that. Blame Elijah. He gave them the apartment. Not me." Klaus said. "And I'm sorry for that but I had to make sure she would stay here if we needed her help." Elijah said in the doorway of Stiles' bedroom. "Eli....don't apologize. It's not your fault....it's mine. I'm not mad...I'm just guilty." Stiles said with a sigh. "Guilt is not a good look on you, brother." Klaus said. "Thanks. I feel much better now." Stiles said glancing over at me. I looked away and walked away from the window. That's why nobody has seen him because of....me?