Chapter 98

F I V E      Y E A R S      L A T E R

I stood inside the McCall house staring at the five coffins that were in the garage. It's been five years since the fall of the Mikaelsons. Since Stiles was captured and taken prisoner by Marcel. Cassius and I are nowhere close to being able to bringing the others back. "It's not easy not having them around." A British voice said from behind. I turned around to see Cassius looking down at Klaus' coffin. "I know." I answered. "It's going to be harder for you...because I won't be staying much longer." He explained. "What? Why?" I asked. "I have a second life that the world has taken a liking to. I start shooting a two-part movie. As a teenager from Queens with superpowers." He said looking up at me. "Right...forgot. A near 1000 year old vampire playing a British teenager portraying a superpowered American 16 year old with a love for arachnids." I said with a smile. Cassius scoffed with a smirk. "What can I say? I love to act." He stated with a shrug. He walked over to me and gave me a hug. "Once you find a way to bring everyone back...perhaps...all of you can stop by and watch me do my thing. Who knows? Maybe Stiles may like it. Add it to his list of three things he actually likes in this blasted world." Cassius said laughing. "Three?" I asked. "Of course. Immortality, Hope, and you. Though...I think Foxy likes you most of all. He might even tap into an emotion that he doesn't fully understand." Cassius explained. "What emotion?" I questioned. "Love." He said simple with a smile before he left the garage and headed into the house. I looked down at the coffin next to me and smiled. He's not the only one.

I walked into the house and found Hope playing with Derek's daughter, Allison. I leaned against the entrance to the room watching the two young girls. "She's adorable." Derek said standing next to me. "They both are...so Allison, huh?" I asked him. "Yeah. Old friend of ours. She was the one I told you about in New Orleans...the girl that Stiles accidentally killed. She was Scott's first girlfriend and the first of two werewolf hunters to deviate from the Hunter's Code. Becoming friends and allies with the monsters that she swore to hunt." Derek explained watching Allison play with a wolf plush toy. "Who was the second?" I asked. "Her father." He answered. "The rest of their family was bat shit crazy. Especially the grandfather...he was killing werewolves regardless if they were innocent or not. He was genocidal maniac that started a war against supernaturals across the world. That's what Scott and his pack have been up to while you, Stiles, and the Mikaelsons were dealing with...who was it again?" He said looking at me with crossed arms. "Depends. We deal with a lot of people. But...when you were there the first time...it was their Aunt Dahlia and their mother, Esther. The last time...it was some weird sire line war started by the first of Klaus' sire line, Lucien Castle. Now...it's Marcel." I explained. "Wow...okay. That's a lot if vampires and witches to deal with." Derek said with a scoff. "Yeah...and yet somehow Stiles always manages to get out alive." I added. "It's Stiles. What did you expect?" Derek asked with a chuckle. "So...Cassius is leaving, huh?" Derek asked. "Yeah...the other him as a movie to film." I said walking into the kitchen to get something to eat and make lunch for Hope. Derek followed me in. "So...are you and Stiles...a thing....again...anymore or is that dead?" He asked. I sighed. "I...don't know....I just lost my husband a few weeks ago...so." I said. "Oh....I'm sorry to hear that. My condolences." Derek said feeling guilty. "Thanks. Hope! Lunch is ready!" I called out. "Coming!!" She replied running into the kitchen. I handed her a sandwich and she went and sat at the table. I watched in silence. "If I were you. I'd find a way to wake her dad before she grows up without one." Derek whispered with a kind smile before leaving.