Chapter 65

Mystic Falls

I left New Orleans to search for help in Mystic Falls. I dialed a number into the sleek slate grey phone. The line rang twice before someone answered. "Stiles. What's up?" The voice asked. "Stefan. Remember that ordeal we had a few years ago?" I asked driving through the town square. "You need help with something?" He asked. "Actually yeah...it's matter of life or death for an entire species." I sighed. "What species?" Another voice asked. "Yours." I answered. "What are you talking about?" Stefan asked. "There is a sireline war in the midst." I explained. "And seeing how you two love getting caught up in my family business. I need you help to keep you alive." I said pulling up to the Salvatore estate. I got out and hung up the phone and walked to the house. I knocked on the door and a few seconds later the door opened. "Elena. Love...where are both of your boyfriends?" I asked waiting patiently outside. "They're not my boyfriends and they're right here." She said letting me in. I walked in and looked at Damon and Stefan. "Oh look...it's the tricky one." Damon said rolling his eyes. "As much as I love your quips. All three of you are in danger. You wanted to know who your sire was...well...it's Klaus. And apparently most of the Originals sirelines are about to be slaughtered." I said. "Wait what? That's not possible. When we killed Klaus we didn't die." Stefan said. "That's because he body jumped, you bloody arses. He's your sire, because it's obviously not me. I would never sire Katerina Petrova no matter how mischievous and manipulative she may be. She's too much drama." I said rolling my eyes. "How do you know he's our sire? How can we trust you?" Damon asked. "You think I'd be here because I want to be in this hellhole?" I asked. "Hey! She might be a little rough around the edges but she's home, Foxy." Damon said pointing a glass of whiskey at me. "This was a waste of my time." I said dropping my head. "You three have no use of me. The vampires in New Orleans would slaughter you in seconds." I said turning towards the door. "What vampires?" Elena asked. "A near 900 year old ancient organization of preppy vampire assholes known as The Strix, are in town and making life a living hell for my family. Well...for Klaus and me. Rebekah doesn't have a clue what the bloody hell is going on. Elijah is trying to keep the peace between Klaus and the mother of his daughter. Kol and Finn are both dead...again. My dear eldest sister, Freya, is trying her damndest to keep the rest of my family somewhat normal." I explained. "And...the mother of my niece...bloody hates me. Can't say I don't blame her...what I did to her and her pack was horrendous." I said shoving my hands into the pockets of my slate gray trench coat. "What exactly did you do to make her hate you?" Stefan asked squinting his eyes. "Well...it's a bit of a complicated story. My mother made a deal over a thousand years ago with my aunt Dahlia. A deal that would promise Dahlia every firstborn of Esther's family line. Esther being the selfish mother she was...Never did give Dahlia her firstborn...my oldest sister, Freya. Dahlia came back took Freya and cursed every firstborn of Esther's children to come. So when Klaus had his miracle of a daughter. She came down upon us like vengeful bat outta hell. Turned my family against me framing me for murder, Klaus took the blame to save my arse, and Dahlia released my Ripper when she turned my humanity for about a day and a half. Got pissed when the love of my life slammed a dagger into my chest and I was shoved into a coffin. Got out, and turned her and her entire pack into wolves for every day except for the night of the full moon. Came back home 6 months later as a human, beat the hell out of me...and here we are." I said.

"Stiles...look. I would like to say we can help you but. We can't. We have our own things to deal with." Elena said crossing her arms over chest. I nodded my head biting my lower lip. "Can't say I wasn't expecting this. My family hasn't exactly been kind to you, have they?" I asked. Elena shook her head. "When we first met you knocked me unconscious and I woke up in the hands of Klaus and your siblings." Elena said. "Ssssorry about that. I wasn't really a cheery person to be around at the time. I hated my siblings...all but Kol. Because we understood each other. Then we met up in New Orleans of all places for three completely different reasons." I said with a shrug. "I'm sorry about your sireline problem." Elena said. "Don't be. I'm sure...I'll find a witchy solution to everything. Unless something throws a wrench in my plan like usual and I have to end up killing whomever wrongs my family. Which I can already foresee me doing with the Strix." I sighed leaving the estate and getting into the white Aston Martin Vanquish. Stefan walked to the window of the car. ""Are you positive that Klaus is our sire?" He asked. "You think I would lie to the three vampires that are the closest thing I have to friends?" I asked raising a brow. Stefan was silent. "Don't answer that." I added. "Look, Klaus is a bitch. We all know this. But what he doesn't want you to know is that he cares. He'll do anything to keep his family safe and his daughter alive. Especially his sireline." I said rolling the window up and driving off. Well, that didn't go as planned. That was a bloody waste of my time.