Chapter 134

S    T    I    L    E    S

Oliver sat in the backseat of the car giving Hope the silent treatment. I couldn't blame him...because I was doing the same thing. Out my peripheral, I noticed Hope getting anxious from the dead silence. I sighed turning the radio on for some release from the silent interior of the Rolls Royce. "Thank you." Hope stated, her voice barely above a whisper. I glanced over at her in the passenger's seat and looked back at the road refusing to speak to her.

After the seven hour long drive back home, Hope couldn't take the silent treatment anymore. Oliver walked beside me hand-in-hand while Hope trailed behind. "Can you just yell at me already? Seven hours of hostile silence is punishment enough." Hope said. I spun around letting go of Oliver's hand. Oliver ran off to find Hayley. "The whole point of sending you to that school and calling you Hope Marshall was so you wouldn't, draw attention to yourself, to keep you safe. Why? Why did you do it? What could you have possibly needed the money for?" I told her. "That's my business." Hope countered. "And selling your blood is mine! You had no right!" I shouted back taking a step forward. "You're being a hypocrite. You and mom are the ones that taught me, "my body, my choice". Well, my blood, my choice." Hope argued.

"You are not just anybody, Hope! Do you even understand what you have done?" I said standing before her. "Henry came to me." Hope stated. "And you should've have said no. Hope, Henry was already a kid who was struggling to fit in, and now...he's gonna be only one of six Hybrids in the world and seen as a threat to everyone in the city. You have no idea what you've done. You cannot create something without taking responsibility for it." I explained. "What are you gonna do? Ground me...a-and lock me up? I'll just whammy myself out; I'm a witch." Hope said. "So am I, Hope! That has nothing to with this! The point you're not seeing is that you've made a mistake and now...I'm gonna have to be the one to clean up the mess that you've made before it gets worse. Oh, and the next time you explode at Oliver...it'll be a cold day in Hell before I let you even think that I won't hesitate to do the same thing to you 10-fold. You may have your father's temper but Nik's temper is nothing compared to mine. So I suggest, you don't test me. Do you understand?" I ranted. Hope looked at me in silence. "I said, "Do you understand?"" I restated slowly with a glare. "Now go tell him you're sorry. And it better sound sincere." I said pointing in the direction that Oliver ran in. Hope had tears in her eyes before running passed me in the same direction. I took a deep breath and headed upstairs to my office and closed the door.