Chapter 123

I had nearly reached the airport when I got a phone call. I looked at the phone to see a name I haven't seen on my phone in a while. CAROLINE. I answered immediately. "Caroline. How's the recruitment?" I asked. "I'm not recruiting people, Klaus." She answered. I furrowed my eyebrows. "What are you talking about?" I asked. "Alaric only told you that to get you to leave. I'm still in Mystic Falls." She said with a sigh. I slammed my foot on the brakes and nearly crushed my phone. "What was that?" She asked sounding worried. "Where are you?" I growled into the phone trying my best to keep my anger under control. "Mystic Grill." She answered immediately. I pulled on the emergency brake and spun the car around, slamming it back down and speeding back to the Mystic Falls square.

When I reached the square, I pulled into a parking spot and got out. I searched for the blonde beauty desperately wanting to see her again. Then...I finally spotted her. Well...the backside of her anyways. It's kinda hard to miss that unforgettable blonde bob of wavy hair. Connected to a slender smooth body wearing fashionable clothes. I smiled at the sight of her and walked over. "Even after all these years....you still manage to take my breath away." I announced putting my weight on one foot. She looked at me and smiled. She stood up, walking over to me and pulling me into a hug. My rising rage was instantly washed away from the much needed embrace. "How are you Caroline?" I asked. "At the moment, glad you didn't prove me wrong by trying to kill Alaric." She said. I chuckled with a smile. "Well...I'm still debating it." I said jokingly. "Sorry about Alaric. He can be a bit stubborn sometimes." She said taking a seat. "Something tells me that you have a bit of experience dealing with stubborn men." I said sitting across from her. "Probably more than most." She stated with a smile. "So...have you talked to your daughter since...you know." She said. I sighed dropping my head a bit. "No. I've wanted to at the wedding but I was much too afraid to look her in the face after what I had done." I said sadly. "Stiles told me you sacrificed a life with your daughter to protect his life with Hayley." She said leaning her elbows onto her knees. 

I raised a brow curious. "We speak from time to time." She explained. "Ah." I said nodding my head. "You know she loves right?" She asked me. I looked in her eyes. "Hope....She talks about you non-stop at the school. Even telling Alaric that he's wrong about the books he wrote about you being the Big, Bad Wolf." She explained. A smile broke out on my face. "Sounds like my daughter." I stated. "She is. She really is." She said. "Look...Caroline...Before..." I said standing up and pacing. "Before...I switched places with Stiles to become a host to the very monster that possessed my daughter...I told him to follow his heart. And find out where it led him. He did and he ended up marrying the love of his life and finding a happiness that he's dreamt about since he was a little boy." I said. "I realize that when I was telling him this....I was indirectly telling myself." I said. Caroline stood up slowly. "Caroline...Before Hope was born and became the very thing that offered me happiness. There was someone else that offered me the very same thing." I said walking to her. "However, at the time...she didn't very much like me and neither did her friends and family. Nevertheless, I was drawn to her...much how Stiles was drawn to Hayley. But where he followed his heart...I was left ignoring it thinking that I was doing something right in my life. When in fact, I was trying to accept that I could live without it. Me being here....only proves one thing...that I could not." I said walking to Caroline bringing her into a kiss. She moved along with it and placed her hand on my cheek. We kissed until we couldn't breathe. We pulled apart and I wore a smile on my face as I peered into her blue eyes. "You have no idea how long I have been waiting to do that." I whispered softly.

" I whispered softly