Chapter 23

I stood at the compound talking to Klaus. "I don't know. I just get a feeling that I never feel. I just feel like something bad is about to happen. Like Supernatural E.S.P. Wouldn't be the weirdest thing I've seen in the last 15 years." I said turning to Klaus. "What kind of hing?" Klaus asked furrowing his eyebrows sitting in an armchair. "A sense of fear. Terror, even." I said crossing my arms. "You only get that feeling with father." Klaus said standing up. "It can't be. Mikael is dead. He's not back. He can't be. He's ashes like Finn and Kol." I said. Klaus sighed. "Thank you, little fox." Klaus said putting his hand on my shoulder. "Why is everyone thanking me?" I asked with a smile. "For fighting for my daughter. Your niece. Our family. You fought to protect your older brother. That means a lot to me, Mieczyslaw. That's why. I will do the same thing for you. Because, out of all our siblings I like you the most." Klaus said. I furrowed my eyebrows. "I thought Bekah was your favorite?" I asked crossing my arms. "You didn't try to kill me." Klaus said. I pushed my lower lip out and tilted my head to the right slightly. "Good point." I said sitting in the high-backed armchair. "Where's Hayley?" Klaus asked. "No idea. Probably out at the swamp." I said with a shrug. Klaus nodded his head and walked away without a word. I furrowed my eyebrows and squinted my eyes. Weird.

4 Weeks Later

I walked down the sidewalk when I felt a sharp pain in my head. I winced and got flashes of blinding light. "Mieczyslaw." I heard in front of me. I opened my eyes and saw a woman standing before me. "Who the bloody hell are you?" I asked standing up. "You don't recognize me? That's sad. Then again, you don't remember half the millions of people you and your siblings have slaughtered." The woman said. "I asked you a question. I suggest you answer it before I tear your heart from your chest and shove it down your throat." I said taking a step towards her. "You want to. Mieczyslaw. Go ahead. Be the monster behind the black door." The woman said. I squinted my eyes in realization. "Esther." I spat. "Can't fool the trickster." She said. I sped towards her to find she had disappeared. "You can't kill me, Mieczy." Esther said. My eyes glowed purple. "Oh. Dearest Mother. That's where you're wrong." I said. "You may be alive again. But it is quite obvious that the immortal monstrosities that are your children...are killing you. Emotionally. How does it feel knowing that your children are beasts because of you?" I asked waving my fingers in the air. Esther fell to her knees. "How is this possible?" Esther asked. "Have you forgotten mother? Oh. That's right. You've been dead for centuries. I'm different than other vampires. I'm a witch. Meaning...I can do this." I said closing the mind link and speeding away pissed off.