Chapter 59

I walked down the stairs closely followed by the others when I was met with Hayley. She stared at me with a hint of something I couldn't identify in her eyes. I walked past her and headed to the door. "Hi, I'm Lydia." Lydia said. I closed my eyes and dropped my head as I stopped walking. "Shit." I whispered. "This is Hayley?" Lydia questioned. I knew it was geared towards me. "I really don't want to do this. Right now, I need to save Isaac." I said looking over my shoulder. "Who happens to be dying as we speak. I really don't want to give you a synopsis about things you three really don't need to be a part of." I said before speeding out the compound.

I stood in my penthouse staring down a the pale Isaac. "Can you save him?" Cassius asked. "I can try. I might need additional help." I said. "Okay...look I don't have to know you for me to know there's something up with you." Cassius stated. I looked over at him. "I don't know what you're talking about." I said as I started to prepare the spell. "You do realize that I might be the only person in the world besides Klaus that you can't fool, right?" Cassius questioned. I glared up at him. "So...Foxy. You gonna spill or what?" He asked. "How about I spill your blood across the building after I rip the head from your body?" I countered. "Must you resort to such violence?" He asked. "Cassius. Please...not now." I stated before Freya walked in with my siblings...and Hayley. "Oh, you've got to be kidding me." I spat standing up to my full height. "Your red-haired friend thought you might need some help with this." Freya said walking over to me as Lydia walked in with Derek and Scott. I sighed dropping my head. "Fine. Isaac's been poisoned with enough Yellow Wolfsbane to kill an Alpha.  took the bullet out of him..which had been cloaked with magic. So, a witch was used to help try and assassinate Isaac. What I don't understand is why someone would try to assassinate him?" I asked looking over at Scott. He shrugged. "No clue. I thought the whole supernatural war against humans ended after you...tore Monroe's heart out." Scott answered. "After he what?" Klaus asked with wide eyes. I rolled my eyes. "She murdered my friends and family in cold blood, including the man I called my father for 10 years." I said rubbing the back of my neck. "So of course I took extreme measures to see her demise." I said with a shrug. "Can we get back to the matter at hand?" I asked gesturing to Isaac. Freya walked over to me and grabbed my hand. "I really hope this spell of yours works, Mieczy." Freya said. "Of course it will...I created it." I said nodding my head and closing my eyes. The both of us chanted an incantation. I could feel gusts of wind flowing around the two of us as we chanted louder. "Whoa!" I heard Theo yell. My grip on Freya grew tighter as the wolfsbane seemed to fight us. "Argh! It's fighting us!" I yelled. "How can inanimate object fight back?" Malia asked. "A witch." Freya said. "Powerful bitch." Cassius stated. I lost my grip on Freya and I flew back fast into the wall behind me with a bang. Same with Freya. Fortunately, Derek caught her before she could sustain any severe injuries to her head. I on the other hand, felt like I was just obliterated by a NASA Crawler transport flying at 310 kph. I groaned as I spat up blood, struggling to get to my feet. "Fuck." I snarled wiping at the blood that traveled down my nose. I limped over to Freya. "Are you alright, Sister?" I asked. "I'm fine. I don't know about your friend though." She said jerking her head towards Isaac. I spun around and noticed that Isaac had black veins traveling his shirtless torso. "Bloody hell?" I said shocked. "His body is fighting the poison but it's not going to survive unless we get it out of him. We usually burn aconite to get it out of the body." Derek said feeling Issac's forehead. "I know the feeling." Scott said rubbing his chest at a phantom pain. "If we can't get it out of him in time...what's going to happen to him?" Theo asked. "He'll die." I breathed out.