Chapter 73

Cassius was completely freaking out. Not that I can blame him. Stiles was his oldest friend and his maker. I hadn't moved from my spot as I stared at the now differently dressed Stiles...who was now wearing a white suit with a black shirt and tie. "Why is he wearing white?" I heard Jackson whisper to Freya. "Don't ask me...ask Rebekah." Freya told him. Niklaus was currently upstairs trashing a bedroom in denial. Elijah was trying to calm him down while Rebekah stood next to the silver coffin that Stiles was in. "Never in my life did I think that my younger brother would die before me." Rebekah brushing her brother's face gently. "He only wanted to be accepted. A family that didn't care about who or what he was." A girl announced. I turned around to find Lydia with red teary eyes. She was accompanied by the rest of the pack. Scott stood frozen in the entrance of the building staring straight at the coffin in which his friend was in. "I didn't believe Lydia. I had to see it for myself...now I regret making that decision." Scott croaked stumbling into the area towards Stiles. "I thought...Stiles...couldn't die?" Derek asked leaning against the coffin in horror. "So did we." Elijah said from above. He looked like a mess...his tie was undone and his hair was unkempt. The rest of Scott's pack gave their respects to the dead pack member. "They....say that losing a pack member is like losing a limb. You can't get it back." Scott stated before curling his hands into fists. Blood began to drip from his hands onto the stony floor. Scott unfurled hands and looked at his now clawed fingertips. "Stiles was my anchor...and now I've lost him." He whispered lowly. "What's an anchor?" Freya asked. "Something that prevents werewolves from shifting on full moons. It tethers themselves to their humanity. Mine is anger." Derek said taking the glass of whiskey Elijah offered to him and the others. "So...everyone has a different anchor?" Jackson asked. "Yeah. Mine used to be first girlfriend before she passed away. Then for a while I had to be my own anchor...when that went out the window...Stiles became my anchor. He was like a brother to me. He helped me through a bunch in my life. He helped me with becoming a werewolf. Made becoming the True Alpha easier. I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for him." Scott said breaking down. 

Cassius walked into the room shaking his head as he ran his hands through his hair. "No no no no no no no no no. I don't believe it. My eyes deceive me. Stiles is NOT dead! If he was dead...I'd be dead along with billions of others Stiles turned in his 1000 years of being a vampire. He. Is. NOT. Gone." Cassius shouted as Klaus followed him. "If I have accepted it. You need to accept it. Stiles is dead! He's not coming back! Just like Kol isn't!" Klaus screamed as he sped to Cassius pinning him to a column. "Now pull yourself together and shut the bloody hell up! If you are to die then go out the way Stiles would want you to. With dignity." Klaus said looking at Cassius. Cassius shuddered before he nodded his head. "Good." Klaus said letting him go. Cassius walked over to the coffin and looked down at his friend. "You bloody bastard. Thought you could leave without saying goodbye." Cassius muttered to himself. He took a silver chain from around his neck and set it onto Stiles' chest. "Don't worry. Tell Miralina I said 'Hi'." He added before walking away. 

Elijah closed the coffin and took hold of one side as Klaus took the other. "I officially hate Christmas." Rebekah said wiping away a tear. "At least he's with Kol now." Freya said leaning her head onto Rebekah's shoulder. I watched the coffin drop gently into the pit outside the compound. "Still can't believe that he's gone." I stated. God! Why did you have to be such a bitch?! He was obviously in pain and wasn't getting better. All I had to do was say sorry...but no...I was stubborn. And now he's gone. I finally broke and dropped to the floor in tears sobbing. Jackson wrapped his arms around me as I watched Klaus and Elijah fill the grave with dirt. "He was the best of us." Klaus said after completely filling the grave up and slamming the shovel into the ground. "And he'll always be the best of us even centuries from now." Klaus added looking over at Elijah. "I guess...Always and Forever...didn't stick with Stiles." Elijah said. "He never did like that promise. Always thought it was redundant and stupid." Rebekah said jokingly which lightened the mood for a bit as Klaus scoffed with a chuckle. "Indeed he did. He was always vocal about it too." Klaus stated walking over to his younger sister and hugging her. "So...if Stiles died...then when will Cassius and the rest of his sireline die?" Freya asked looking over at Cassius. "The older the age...the longer it takes." Elijah said as everyone walked back into the compound. "You coming?" Jackson asked me. "I'm right behind you. There's something I have to do first." I said walking over to the grave as Jackson walked inside. I knelt down by the headstone and leaned against it. "I never told you this...but now I realize that it's too late. But...seeing how you're not coming back...I'm sorry. For pushing you away. For blaming you for something that you had no control of. After witnessing Rebekah lose herself to the cursed dagger as a Ripper. I realize now that being a Ripper means having no control over your actions. Meaning you had no way of knowing that Dahlia was still manipulating you into making the Curse of the Full Moon 2.0. You think you have all the time in the world...and then you're gone. And you realize that there were so many things that you could have done...that I could have done. But now I can't because you're gone. And for that I'm truly sorry. Goodbye, Foxy. I'll love you with all of my heart...Always...and Forever." I said standing up and heading into the compound.