Chapter 79

I stood inside the location while Klaus put Aurora inside a shipping container and closed the door. I looked at Klaus and crossed my arms. "I call dibs on tearing Tristan's spine from his body and using it to run him through his heart." I said raising my hand into the air. "Didn't realize that Jackson meant so much you?" Klaus asked smirking. "Fuck you." I growled. "I find it amusing how much you care for the death of Hayley's deceased husband." Klaus teased. I glared at him before he raised both arms into the air. "If you touch a hair on her head..." I heard Tristan say. I looked up at Elijah to see him on the phone. "I'll do my very best to restrain my brothers, Tristan, but you and I both know they can be impossibly savage when they want to be." I heard Elijah say. "State your terms." Tristan stated on the other line. "You'll meet us at Patrick's dock, the warehouse. We exchange Aurora for Hayley and the Serratura. Oh, Tristan, I would make it snappy, unless, of course, you want Stiles to eviscerate the poor girl. He isn't too happy about you kidnapping the love of his life." Elijah said before he hung up. Elijah turned to me. "Should've been more accurate. I won't just eviscerate Aurora. I'll tear in half from head to toe." I spat. "Calm yourself, brother. Save your hatred for Tristan and the Strix." Klaus said. 

"Here they come." Klaus said to Elijah as they stood near the entrance. The Strix appeared inside the warehouse. And more came afterwards and more arrived with Tristan and Marcel. "Gentlemen. I wish I could say it was a pleasure." Tristan said. "Marcellus. Made your bed with the enemy, I see." Klaus said looking at his adoptive son. "Membership has its privileges." Marcel answered. "Let's get on with this, shall we?" Klaus said looking at Tristan. Tristan looked to the left and two vampires brought out a tortured and beaten Hayley. Anger rose inside me at the sight. My eyes flared scarlet red furiously. "Hayley Marshall Kenner, only slightly worse for wear. You'll have to forgive her if she seems a bit off. There's enough wolfsbane in her system to kill an entire pack. However, here she is as requested.Now, where's my sister?" Tristan said. I let out a low growl. "Down boy." Klaus looking at me. He looked at Tristan. "She lives. You can thank Elijah for that. I wanted to flay her and hang her skin as a flag. And Stiles wanted to make her skin the material of many furniture in our house. Anyway, enough chit chat. Let's conclude this tedious business, shall we?" Klaus stated. Tristan walked towards Klaus. "My sister first." Tristan said.  "And if you're tempted to argue, consider the numbers." Tristan said. I sped in between them. "You best watch that mouth of yours, Tristan. Your men have nothing over me." I said snarling. "I'd listen to Stiles, Tristan. He's in a foul mood. He's walking a fine line between mercy and genocide." Elijah said from behind me. "Niklaus...give them the wretched shrewd." I said glaring at Tristan. "Gladly." Klaus said walking over to the shipping container and opening it up. Klaus walked over and stood beside me. Tristan turned to Aya. "If they try anything, attack." Tristan told her. "Kinda makes me want to try something." I said. "Mieczy." Elijah said. Tristan sped into the container. I turned around and watched him. He nodded his head after pulling the sack off of Aurora's head. I turned back to see Hayley given to us. She fell into my arms. "I've got you." I whispered softly in her ear. She looked at me. "I'm sorry." I whispered to her.

She clung to me as I watched Tristan and Aurora reunite. A small smirk grew upon my face as I watched Aurora slam the Serratura into the container wall. The floor rumbled as Hayley exhaustedly rested her head on my shoulder. Tristan tried to leave but was it but an unseeable wall. He looked at Aurora, who was smiling. "No. Aurora, what have you done to us?" He asked her. She walked forward. "Not to us." She said. "Aurora..." "To you." She said leaving the container. Aurora stood next to Klaus, except she was no longer Aurora anymore. She was Camille. "What is this?" Tristan asked. "I believe the phrase you're looking for is, "I've been duped." Is it?" I stated with smile. "You know what they say, "Payback's a bitch."" Cami said. "How is this possible?" Tristan asked. "The Serratura creates an impenetrable boundary. Nothing living or dead can pass through." Klaus said. "Thanks to your lunatic sister, I'm neither." Cami said. "No." Tristan said. "Niklaus...I think...Tristan doesn't believe us." I said. "I think your right brother." Klaus said walking over to Camille. "Stay close to me, okay?" Klaus whispered to her. "What are you waiting for? Take them. Now!" Tristan shouted. The Strix advanced on us slowly. "Can you stand?" I asked Hayley. She nodded her head against my shoulder. 

She let go and stood beside me, not straying too far away. "Before you rush headlong toward almost certain death, as your sire, I would like to invite you all to employ just a little bit of common sense." Elijah said. "We are ancient vampires, Elijah. Each of us almost as strong as you." Aya said. I scoffed. "And you might almost be successful in subduing us. But at what price? Most of you will die in the process. And for what? To avenge a fool marching you headlong toward your very extinction in the name of a witch's prophecy? You do realize, he engineered absolutely all of this purely to satisfy some petty grievance against my family. Tristan doesn't care for any of you." Elijah said pacing the floor and stopping to stare at Tristan. "Stop listening to him." Tristan shouted. "The only danger here, is the choice that you must make. You see, I'm not you enemy. It's true. I delivered you into this existence. I can just as easily pluck you of it. The choice is yours to make. Unless, you would like to fight Stiles." Elijah said. 

They all looked at me. I smiled cracking my neck. I began to walk towards them my bones breaking as I grew larger and larger. Aya moved forward but Marcel stopped her as I continued to morph. "It's done. The moment's passed." Marcel whispered to her as I stood next to the others in my large wolf form. "Be smart, Aya. Smarter than Tristan. Don't waste anymore of our guys trying to survive against Stiles. Trust me...you won't." Marcel finished. I let out a snarl baring multiple rows of fangs. I lowered my head as a second warning. "I suggest you decide quickly. We can only hold Stiles back for so long, Aya." Klaus told her. I snapped loudly. "Stand down." Aya told the Strix. "You will not abandon me." Tristan said. Aya walked towards Tristan. "It's a shame it has to end like this." Aya told him. "Aya, this isn't over." Tristan countered. "May the ghosts of our fallen keep you company." Aya said to him before walking away. "Aya. Aya!" Tristan screamed. I slowly turned towards Tristan growling. The Strix left, abandoning Tristan to us. I stayed in wolf form beside Hayley. Klaus and Camille walked away. I watched them leave and looked at Hayley. She put her hand behind my ear and scratched it. "Forgot you can do that." She said. The corner of my mouth pulled upward in a smirk-like manner. Niklaus and Elijah returned as I stood in front of the container. "So this is to be  my end?" Tristan asked after Klaus opened the door. "No, no. This is the very beginning. You are going to the bottom of the ocean where you will drown, in darkness, again and again, and again over the course of centuries. This will be your splendidly horrific and perpetual end." Elijah told him. "What have you done with my sister?" Tristan asked. "Nothing. Yet. But I assure you, her death will be spec-tac-ular." Klaus said before going to close the door. "Wait." Hayley said. I turned my wolfy head to her. She walked over to the container. "You took a very good man from this world. He will be with me forever. But you? You will be forgotten. And as you rot in the ocean, remember my face. 'Cause it's gonna be the last one that you ever see." She said before closing the door.