Chapter 33

Klaus, Hayley, and I were in Klaus' SUV on the way over to see Hope. Hayley instantly got out at the first sight of Hope, who was being held by Elijah. I was the last to get out and stayed behind for safety reasons. Hayley held Hope in her hands and looked at Klaus. Klaus looked at his daughter and smiled. "Brother. Are you going to say hello or not?" My sister asked. I finally noticed her and smiled. I took a deep breath and walked to Rebekah and gave her a hug. "I meant Hope not me." Bekah said. "I know." I said looking at Hope. Her blue eyes stared at me. I could feel the stares of the others on me. My eyes flickered purple for a second and I instantly backed away. "I shouldn't be here." I whispered, hurt. Klaus furrowed his eyebrows concerned. "Mieczy what's wrong?" Klaus asked. "Uh...I'm beginning to think bringing me along for this family reunion was a bad idea." I said with a brief fake smile. Hayley stared at me before taking a step forward with Hope. I instinctively stepped back and looked at her with arms raised. "It's okay. If you try...the others can stop you." Hayley whispered. "Thanks. That's reassuring." I said sarcastically. Hayley stood next to me and showed me Hope. "Say hello to your niece, Foxy." Hayley said with a smile. "She's adorable...She better have a bit of me somewhere in there. Or else I'm going to be disappointed." I said with a smile jokingly. "Oh I wouldn't worry about that, Brother. Hope will most likely have all of us in her." Klaus said. "I found it!" Rebekah said with a smile holding up a camera. "Bloody hell." Klaus said deadpan turning away.

"This was Kol's favorite part of the celebration." Rebekah said. I looked at her and my siblings. "Why do I have a feeling that I'm not gonna like this?" I asked raising a brow. "You're not." Klaus said. "Oh come on, Nik. Keep the family tradition alive with Hayley and Hope." Rebekah said. He rolled his eyes grabbing the camera. "What's the tradition?" Hayley asked. "Beats me. I wasn't really around between the years of 1200 and 2013." I said with a shrug. "We would all make a wish for someone and tell them what their wish was." Rebekah said. "We're not doing it." Klaus said. "He's right Rebekah. It sounds so troublesome to make a simple wish and tell someone what it was. I mean the horror. Who would do that? I mean seriously?" I said sarcastically craning my neck and looking at a deadpan Nik who was glaring at me. I smirked. Klaus rolled his eyes with a sigh. "Fine. One picture. That's it." Klaus said as we stood in a group. Klaus took the group selfie with the antique camera. "Oh god. I think I blinked." I said looking at Klaus. He squinted in annoyance. I smiled and chuckled. "Obviously I'm very photogenic. I mean I am a Mikaelson after all." I said. "Sadly. No one can know about our daughter's existence." Klaus looking at the picture. "We have to burn it." Klaus said. I got brief flashes of memories for a split second and backed away while the others talked about the photo. I stood alone staring at the horizon trying to get a handle on my humanity. I swear if I see our mother I am going to rip her to pieces starting with her hands and her tongue. I thought to myself. My hands curled into fists as my eyes glowed purple. "Stiles? You good?" Rebekah called. I looked up as my eyes went back to normal. I turned around after a few seconds, smiling. "Why wouldn't I? I'm great." I said with a shrug walking past them. I could feel their eyes on me as I entered the house. Come on Stiles you could have come up with a better lie than that. You're a trickster. You'll have to do better than that next time.