Chapter 5

I was waiting with Hayley in the cemetery while Elijah was busy hunting down big brother. "So...you're the youngest brother." "Well...I'm the second youngest...I take it Elijah showed you our family story?" I asked. "Yeah. I know about Henrik. I'm sorry." "I never really knew Henrik...but yeah. It sucks that he was killed by werewolves. No offense my best friend is a werewolf. An Alpha." I said shrugging. "You said your best friend was an Alpha. May I ask who?" "You probably never heard of him or maybe you have. Scott McCall. The-" "-True Alpha." Hayley finished. "So...you HAVE heard of him." I stated. "Yeah, but I thought he was a myth?" Hayley asked. "Oh no. He's very much alive." I replied with a laugh. "What was it like for him to find out about you?" "He was kind of thrilled. Finding out his best friend was a werewolf." "I was talking about him finding out that you were a vampire." Hayley stated. "Oh...that...yeah. It kinda freaked him out. I mean I'm from before the year 990 A.D....which if you don't realize already....is a very long time ago." I said. "How old are you?" "Well Klaus is 12 years older than me and he was born before 990 A.D. and...I can't remember. I lost count.....well....that sucks. All I know is that I'm over a thousand years old." I said sighing. "You don't look a day over 18." Hayley said with a smile. "Thank you. I'll take that as a compliment." I said with a smile. Hayley laughed. "So...you're from Mystic Falls?" I asked. "Um. No, I'm from here." Hayley answered. "Really?" I asked. "Yeah. The only reason I'm back has something to do with this weird birthmark I've got on my right shoulder." Hayley explained. "A birthmark made you come back to New Orleans? I find that hard to believe." I said. "It's true...you know you're a lot different than I'd thought you be." Hayley stated. "What exactly did you expect me to be?" I asked raising an eyebrow. "An asshole." Hayley replied. I shrugged at her answer. "Fair enough. I do come from the family filled with the biggest assholes in the world led by Klaus...except for maybe Elijah...he's probably the only one who isn't an asshole." I said. Hayley laughed. I stood up at the sound of a familiar British male voice. "Speak of the devil and the devil may appear." I said.

     I looked at the entrance of the tomb to see silhouettes. They exited the shadows and entered the area that Hayley and I were occupying. "Well, well, well...the black sheep lives." Klaus said as he stared at me with a smile. "You didn't think I died, did you?" I asked. "How you been?" Nik asked. "Wonderful. I recently got my werewolf and Nogitsune nature back." I said. "Congratulations...as for why I'm here." Klaus said looking at Hayley. "You're looking at it." I said. "Just tell me." Klaus said annoyed. "I have a special gift of sensing when a girl is pregnant." Sophie said. "What?" Niklaus asked confused. "I know. It's impossible." Hayley said. "What are you saying?" Klaus asked. "Niklaus. The girl is carrying your child." Elijah said. "No. It's impossible." Klaus said looking at Hayley. "I said the same thing myself." Elijah said. "This is a lie. You're all lying." Klaus said. "Vampires cannot procreate." "But werewolves can," Sophie said. Klaus turned around to look at her. "Magic made you a vampire, but you were born a werewolf. You're the Original Hybrid, the first of your kind, and this pregnancy is one nature's loopholes." Sophie said. "You've been with someone else. Admit it!" Klaus yelled turning to Hayley. "Hey, I've spent days held captive in a freaking alligator bayou because they think that I'm carrying some magical miracle baby. Don't you think I would've fessed up if it wasn't yours?" Hayley said. I smirked with amusement and chuckled to myself. "You find this funny brother?" Klaus asked getting in my face. "Sort of. I mean...it's not everyday a vampire is told they're a father to a child of a werewolf." I said. "Would you find me daggering you in the chest amusing?" Klaus said. "Please. That stopped scaring me centuries ago. You can't overpower me Klaus. You know it. I know it. Everyone else knows it." I said. I noticed Niklaus' jaw clench. "My sister gave her life to perform the spell she needed to confirm this pregnancy. Because of Jane-Anne's sacrifice, the lives of this girl and her baby are now controlled by us." Sophie said. I looked over at Sophie and tightened my hands into fists. "If you don't help us take down Marcel, so help me, Hayley won't live long enough to see her first maternity dress." Sophie threatened. I growled lowly at the threat. "Wait. What?" Hayley asked. "Enough of this, if you want Marcel dead he's dead. I'll do it myself." Elijah said. "No. We can't. Not yet." Sophie said. "No? You've got an ulterior motive girl." I said sighing. "I made that trick. You can't fool me." I said crossing my arms and flashing purple eyes. Sophie looked over at me, I could hear her heartbeat jump a little. "We have a clear plan that we need to follow, and there are rules." Sophie said. I growled louder and my eyes shifted from their normal brown to their purple Chimeran color. "I don't do rules. You see...I'm the Nogitsune...I create chaos. Rules and I don't mix." I said walking towards Sophie uncrossing my arms. Claws elongated out the tips of my fingers. "You do not command me!" I yelled baring fangs. I heard Sophie's heartbeat jump. "I agree with my brother. How dare you command me, command us. Threaten me with what you wrongfully perceive to be my weaknesses! This is a pathetic deception. I won't hear any more lies." Klaus raged going to leave. "Niklaus..." Elijah called out. Klaus turned and looked at his brother. "Listen." Elijah said calmly squinting his eyes for a split second. Klaus looked at Hayley's stomach and listened. I looked at Hayley and she looked at me. Klaus' eyes widened for a second. After a little while, Klaus turned and looked at Elijah. His eyes were teary. "Kill her and the baby. What do I care?" Klaus said turning around and walking out. I sighed. I looked at Hayley. "He's always like that." I said. "Screw this. I'm out of here." Hayley said scared. Two witches stood in her way. Elijah stood between Hayley and Sophie. "No one touches the girl. I will fix this." Elijah said turning and leaving. He stopped and looked at me. "Protect her. Don't let anyone touch her, got it?" Elijah  said. "Obviously." I said glancing at Sophie and smirking. "I'll protect her by any means necessary." I said baring fangs and letting out brief roar. I morphed back and smirked at Sophie. "We're all friends here right? No need for Klaus Jr. over here." Sophie said. "Friends? You're dreaming. You and I...are not friends. I'm here to protect Hayley and the child. You are nothing but a nuisance. I'd kill you right now if I didn't know the consequences." I said looking over at Hayley.