Chapter 154

K   L   A   U   S

I noticed Rebekah was walking to me after I compelled the wedding planner that there was a slight change in plans. "Rebekah?" I asked. "I spoke to Kol. Davina says that the dark magic is destroying Hope and Oliver from the inside out. It's only a matter of time before it kills them." Rebekah explained. "So do we stop it?" I asked. "There's nothing we can do." She answered. My eyes widened. "How long?" I asked. "Weeks. Days...maybe hours." She answered. I began to lose the feeling in my legs. "There's no way to know." She said. "Did someone tell Mieczy?" I asked. Rebekah looked at me in silence. "Please tell me someone told Stiles?" I asked. "We were hoping that you would." She said. I closed my eyes and sighed. I looked at her before nodding my head.

S   T   I   L   E   S

I stood outside in a black suit watching all the people gathering around at the wedding. Hayley was talking to Davina and Marcel. Elijah was leaving to deal with his guilt, Klaus was...somewhere. Kol was at the altar, and Rebekah was with Freya. Hope and Oliver...were talking to one another and smiling. Something that I haven't seen in a long time. "What are you thinking about?" The fox asked. My options. "Your options? Stiles...what is it that you think you have to do?" He asked. Something that my family won't approve of. Something that...I need you to promise me. "And what could you possibly need me to promise?" He questioned. I need you to promise me...for when the time comes...to let it happen. "Let what happen? You're being more cryptic than I usually am. That's my line of work. I do the riddles here, mate." The fox asked. I could tell by the hint of rapidity in his statements...that he was nervous. Just promise me, you bloody fox. "I'm kind of afraid to, Mieczyslaw." He stated. How long have I known you, Nogitsune? "A long time. Why?" He answered. Then you know how I feel when it comes to protecting the ones I care about. "I know that you'll do anything. No matter how stupid the plan is to protect them." He explained. Exactly...I'll do anything. So, when the comes...I need you to promise me...no matter how much you want to...I need you fight the urge to bring me back. "Bring you back?" He asked. And let me die. "Kid...don't make me do this. You know how Kitsunes work. We can't break our promises. It's the one law we can't break. That even I can't break. Don't make me promise this. Please." Nogitsune begged. I'm the only one that can do this. "We can find another way, Stiles. There's always another way. I should know. I'm practically the loop hole in all things magical." Nogitsune begged again. There's not enough time. "I won't do it, Stiles." He said defiant. I'm only asking you out of politeness. I'm perfectly fine doing this by myself. "You sure know how to piss me off sometimes, boy." He said. I know, old friend. I know.