Christmas eve

Goku was the first to wake up, he leaned against the kitchen counter holding cup of coffee staring at the clock on the wall. 8am, and he barely slept a wink,  he felt upset by his fathers words, they had pierced through him leaving an internal scar. He rubbed his eyes as he sluggishly started to head towards the lounge area.

"Hey!" Adele chirped as she took a stretch looking over at Goku who had his back turned to her.

Goku turned on his heel smiling over at the half awake teen. "Hey" he replied back as he opened the door to the lounge. "Help yourself to something to eat in the kitchen." He turned and walked into the lounge.

Adele followed grabbing the door before Goku released it. "So Um, I heard you and uncle last night." She confessed. Goku sighed as he turned the tv on taking a sip of coffee, he glanced over watching her stood there folding her arms.

"Don't worry about it." Goku forced a smile.

"Well, he's wrong ya know?! Fuck is with our family telling us what we can and can't do with our lives?!" Adele closed the door behind her as she walked over towards Goku.

Goku took sip of his coffee staring blankly at the tv. "Yeah, well that's our family for you."

"Urgh!" Adele rolled her eyes and she sat down on the sofa looking at Goku. "I take it we got to keep hush about you two from rest of the family then?"

Goku gave a light nod with a doleful expression. "Yep." He gulped rest of his coffee down.

"Could I stay with you guys during New Years?" She had quickly changed the topic, fiddling with her thumbs.

Goku looked over at her raising a brow. "That wouldn't be up to me, why do you want to stay here anyway?"

"To give me a break, I promise I'll listen!" She looked over with pleading eyes.

"You need to ask your mother first Adele, I can't be upsetting anyone else in the family. Plus I'd have to check with Vegeta and his work..." he paused before looking at Adele "well you know, our work can't leave you alone"

"Vegeta works from home doesn't he?" She quirked a brow watching Goku laugh nervously. "So why would that be a problem?!"

"Look. You need to ask your mother first alright?" He placed his cup down on the coffee table giving her a stern look.

"Like she gives a fuck." Adele shrugged.

"Adele!" Goku shook his head at her. "You know she cares for you really!"

"What? Like your father cares for you?!" She snapped back and quickly covered her mouth after realising what she just said.

Goku bit his tongue as he glared over at her. Lost for words as he knew deep down she was right. They heard to door open causing the both too look over. Vegeta walked in closing the door behind he glanced at them both before heading to light the fireplace. "H-hey, what you doing up so early?" Goku asked looking over at him.

"Could ask you the same thing?" Vegeta looked over his shoulder at Goku. Adele watched them both grinning. "And what is she grinning at?"

"You two are so cute together!" She gleamed ignoring Goku's glance as if to tell her to shut up.

Vegeta stood up and turned to face her scrunching his nose up at her "cute?" He looked over at Goku who facepalmed before back at Adele. "Take it you've heard then?"