Abduction: Vinny

I wake up in the morning to an empty bed. But it's weird, because I went to bed with Vinny laying next to me. He had his arm draped around me.  I love him, and so I know that he could probably be in the bathroom, or making dinner downstairs.

"Vin?"

I look around the bedroom, and even crawl along the bed to look for him. I get up, get dressed (wearing his blue plaid shirt over my tank top and pants) and head downstairs.

"Vinny?" I call.

I look all over the house, but I can't find him anywhere. I pad up to our room and get my cell phone. As if on cue, it starts to ring in my hands. I jump, and smile when I see the picture of Vinny grinning back at me, and so I simply answer it.

"Hey, where are you?"

"Somewhere you'll never find him," says a female voice.

My heart stops. "Who the fuck are you?"

"My name is of no consequence. But right now, you need to listen carefully. Stay where you are, do not leave your house, do not call the police, do not contact anyone via the internet or other means. If you do, I will know, and I will not hesitate to put a bullet through his skull."

"You ... you kidnapped him?"

A shrill laugh. "No, I simply took what was mine."

Then she hangs up.

I call back, but the phone is off. So I pace. And then, after about an hour of me doing nothing, my phone rings. I answer without looking.

"Yes?"

"Hello, y/n," says the mystery girl. "Vincent misses you. Oh, poor little guy. Say hi, Vin."

"Y/ n?  Are you okay?" Vinny asks, his voice pained, but frantic.

"No! Vinny, where are you? Are you okay?"

"I don't know where I am. Too bad I have a habit of this weird shit happening to me."

He wants me to contact Habit. See if maybe he can help.

"I love you," I whisper. M

"I love you too."

"Aww. How sweet," says the girl. "Come to these coordinates in your text message in one hour. Alone. Otherwise, his life is forfeit."

After that, I yell for Habit until he appears. He looks frustrated and he's covered in blood, but it's still Habit. He looks around and then leans against the wall.

"What?" he asks.

"Some random person kidnapped Vinny, and I need to get him back. You would need to help me, because I am not going to let him die by outside forces. Come on, Habit. Vinny's life is on the line."

"Whatever," he mutters dryly. "Do you have any idea where he is?"

I show him the text with the coordinates. Habit sighs again.

"What?"

"You're supposed to go alone, aren't you?"

I nod.

"Is this person human?"

"Fucked if I know," I reply.

He holds out his hand. "Come on, we've gotta find your boyfriend."

I reluctantly take his hand and we are suddenly standing in a basement, lit only by candles. I see him laying on the floor, arms above his head in chains and the like.

I start toward him, but Habit pulls me back.

"It's a trap," he whispers.

"Growing a conscious, Habit?" I say.

He scoffs. "You wish."

"Okay, so what's the plan then?"

The girl steps into view, and Habit presses us both against a wall in the shadows. I realize that this girl is a bully from school, one of the meanest people I've ever met. Well, you know. Aside from Habit.

"All right," Habit whispers. "Sit back and watch the show."

He vanishes. I stumble, and suddenly, he's back, with Vinny in his grasp  -  holding him up with one hand. I take his other hand, and we're gone.

Habit relocates us the next day, and now that we're safer than before, Vinny and I can go back to pretending to lead normal lives.