A Silly Argument: Jeff

I am shaky and unable to breathe as my panic attack subsidies. I should tell him that we are doomed. Habit is going to tear us all apart. I know he's not going to let us go and live our lives in peace.

The worst thing about my panic attack is that I'm alone in my room, with Evan across the house and Vinny and Jeff (my boyfriend) are out grocery shopping.

My sadness just overwhelms me and threatens to swallow me whole.

"Y/n? Are you okay?" Evan asks, appearing in the doorway. Then he sees my face and comes into the room, and gives me a hug. "It's okay." He smiles at me as we pull away.

"Uh, what's going on?"

We both look to see Jeff and Vinny standing in the door. And Jeff has just seen me hug Evan. And I wonder if should apologize or what.

"Jeff, I  - " I start.

"Why were you hugging?"

"We're friends, it isn't a crime," Evan says.

"But why were you hugging?"

"Okay, Jeff, you might wanna calm down a little bit. I'm sure there's a perfectly good reason  -  " Vinny starts.

"This is nothing, she was just having a panic attack or something. I don't have feelings for her that way," Evan says.

Jeff looks between us. "Oh, God, I'm sorry."

Evan nods and takes places with Jeff. Then Jeff comes over and kisses my forehead. I smile at him.

"I'm sorry for upsetting you," I say. "I was just having a bad panic attack, and he helped me out to feel better."

"No, don't be. You didn't do anything wrong. Neither did he. I just ... overreacted."

"It's okay," I say.

"Are you sure? I'm so sorry, y/n, I didn't mean to upset you more."

"It's okay. I'm okay."

"Good." He kisses me again. "You forgive me?"

"Of course."