Waterfall: Habit

Habit takes my hand and leads me through the woods, taking me to see a beautiful, picturesque waterfall. As we walk along in quiet, he speaks up.

"You know, y/n, you're lucky I like you. Most people who touch me die."

"Well then. I guess I am lucky that you like me."

He chuckles. "You know what? I wanna show you something really epic."

"Uh-oh. Should I be worried?"

"Nah."

"Okay."

We walk through the greenery around us and he hums one of his songs. I feel my heart beat a little faster as he does, and when we hear the rushing of a waterfall, I can't help but feel a bit excited.

"Here it is."

The waterfall is about only ten feet tall, with a pretty deep, clear pool of water at the bottom. I smile at him.

"It's beautiful."

"You ain't seen nothing yet."

Then he pushes me and I fall into the pool of water below.

The cold seeps into my bones, but I surface and take in a huge gasp of air. Habit cackles and then takes a running leap into the pool beside me.

"Are you crazy? You coulda killed me!"

He grins. "But I didn't!"

I splash him, and he splashes me back. I laugh and so does he, and soon, we're just a couple of laughing idiots in the middle of the woods, in a pool of icy water.