A Summoning: Habit

Vinny and I sit in the living room, both of us shaking and upset. Evan killed Jeff. We just saw it.

"What do we do?" I ask. "Where ... what happens to us now? He knows we watched it. I know he did."

"I don't know, but  -  "

There's a knock at the door. Vinny gets up and goes to check.

"Uh, y/n? You'd better see this"

I walk up to stand at his side.

Evan is on the porch, and he's wearing weird clothes. I stagger back, my heart racing, and I look at Vinny. He grabs his phone.

It's dead. And won't charge, either. Finally, after an hour and half (I am guessing here), we open the door. Vinny points a big wrench at Evan.

"Evan, why?" I ask, my voice faltering.

"I didn't do it," he says. "It was him ... Habit. He killed Jeff. I tried to stop him, he just ... he's too fucking strong, man." Tears stream down his face.

After a while, we let him in.

Then, Vinny decides to contact the Habit that takes over Evan, and we go down in the basement for a ritual he found in a book.

"This isn't gonna end well," Evan says.

"We need answers," I say.

"No matter the cost?"

We continue the ritual. Finally, it works.

"Hello, y/n, Vinny."

"Who are you?" I ask.

"You know who I am. You just don't know yet."

"Cut the cryptic crap," I say. "Are you Evan?"

"Do I seem like I'm Evan to you? No, dipshit. My name is Habit. Nice to meet you."

And those words are enough to instill fear in me so deep and primal that I don't speak again.

____________________
A/N: Sorry that this one sucked so bad. "A Summoning" has not been viewed by me in a long time and it requires more thought than I thought to write.

I'm sorry this one sucked so bad. The next one will be another Habit one if you guys don't mind. I just need a scenario where I can successfully write, one that won't require too much cannon stuff.

Thanks ...