inHABITed Brother: Jeff

Pitched by Oofrey Koval on EMH Amino!

We have only known Habit and his games for a week. And now, he wants us to gather in the woods to meet him. So, I walk with Jeff, Evan, and Vinny, holding Jeff's hand.

We come to a clearing in the middle of the woods and see Jeff's brother standing there, staring at a bonfire.

Jeff looks at me, and then Alex.

"Alex? What are you doing out here?"

"... He made me come," he whispers.

"What? Who made you come?"

He turns around. His eyes are totally black, and I gasp, stepping back. He smiles. Then he walks right up to Jeff and grins wider.

"What's wrong? Don't you wanna give your brother a hug?"

"What the actual f -  "

"Shut it!" he yells, interrupting Evan with a demonic voice. "You're all mine."

"Okay, haha, nice one," Jeff says.

"Who said I was joking?" He turns around. "You wanted to see me so bad. Now I'm here."

"Alex?"

"That's not Alex," I say, grabbing Jeff's hand.

"It's Habit," says Vinny.

I nod.

"Fuck," mutters Evan.

Alex cackles. "Yeah, you're pretty screwed."

"Let him go," Jeff demands.

"Uh, I don't think so," Habit says.

"Well you don't really have a choice."

Habit grabs Jeff by the throat.

"This is not a democracy, Jeff."

He grins. "Take me instead."

"Nah. I think I'm gonna do this ... " He lifts Jeff up and then says, "Yeet."

Habit then throws Jeff. Straight into the bonfire. Habit laughs and then vanishes as we run to Jeff.

Evan yanks his jacket off and tosses it on the fire. It doesn't do anything. And that's when I realize that Jeff is already dead.

There's a jagged log sticking out of his chest.

I start crying.  "He's gone, guys."

They keep trying to put out the flames. But then they see the stake sticking out of his chest, and join me crying.