Medicated: Jeff

After being diagnosed with CRPS, or Complex Regional Pain Syndrome, (which is just like fibromyalgia, and yes, it's real, Google it) I have been on strong pain medication to help combat the terrible pain.

As a side effect, I tend to be crazy.

I met Jeff when he was in the hospital getting checked out after a Slenderman attack. We became fast friends, and now we're a couple.

Wearing pajamas and laying on the couch, I am in the middle of reading a book when Jeff knocks on the door.

"Come in," I say.

He does. "How are you?"

"Well, I just took my meds five minutes ago, so I'm gonna be goofy pretty soon," I say.

"Yay," he says.

"I'm sorry, I just ... the pain."

"You don't have to apologize," he says softly. "You never have to. You know that, right?"

"Yeah. I just wish I didn't have to live like this."

"Shh."

....

Once my meds have finally kicked in, I am in less pain than I was before, but still not pain-free, as I am never am pain-free. If I ever was, I'd think I was dead.

Jeff holds me in his arms, and we're watching something, but I can't focus on it long enough to tell what it is other than knowing that it's a Disney movie.

"You know, it's a lot like I'm your princess and you're my Prince," I say.

"Oh, it is, is it?" he says, a playful tone in his voice.

"Yep. And I just don't get why people in Disney movies don't have moms. It's not fair. And they sometimes die in the movie. Like, what the hell? And once you think about it, they're really messed up. Like in the beginning to the Incredibles, a guy literally jumps off a fucking building. What the fuck, Disney and Pixar?!"

"Y/n," Jeff says softly. "We aren't watching a Disney movie."

"Then what are we watching?"

"John Wick."

I burst out laughing. After a moment, so does he.