Stargazing: Vinny

I look at Vinny incredulously.

"There is no way I'm laying on the ground," I say.

He pouts. Literally sticks his lip out and huffs. I laugh and walk over to him, and he looks down at me. I poke his nose and grin.

"Puppy eyes," I tease.

He smiles widely. "So you'll ... ?"

"I don't know, Vin, it's gonna be all dirty and cold."

"Well here," he says, taking his coat off and putting it on me. I smile, and then he steps back, an artist looking at their masterpiece.

"Now I do not have to worry about it being dirty," I say.

"Yep."

"Or cold."

"Yep."

Then he sweeps me off my feet, twirls around, and lays me on the ground gently, before kissing me, then laying down beside me.

"Your name should be Loki," I say.

"But you like Loki," he points out.

"Everyone does."

"Not everyone."

I roll my eyes. "Why are we laying on the grass in the middle of the night?"

"Stargazing," he replies.

"You are into stargazing?"

He gently holds my hand. It's the first time I've ever felt this happy, and I think he knows it. I smile at him. He returns it.

"With you, I could be doing anything," he says.

"Even though I'm laying in the mud, I don't mind. Because you're here."

"You're not lying in the mud," he says.

"Oh, I beg to differ."

He smiles broadly, like I've never seen him smile before.

"Just shut up and look at the stars," he says.

I slide closer to him. Rest my head on his shoulder. And we watch the stars.