Chapter 33

LAUREN'S P.O.V
I was confused about Michael's dream all day, hopefully the meal out will take my mind off things.
I go into my old bedroom and look through my wardrobe, looking at all the clothes I left behind for something to wear.

I find a plain black dress and take it off the hanger, holding it up against my body, it still fits perfectly and I smile at my reflection in the mirror.
I walk back into the spare room and Michael stutters.

"Oh my," he coughs.

"Fuck." He whispers, walking over to me, his hands wrapping around my waist.

"You look so damn good." He whispers, his voice barely audible as his lips press on to mine for no longer than two seconds.

"You look good in this." I whisper, grazing my fingertips down the material of his simple white shirt.
He jokingly strikes a model pose, causing me to roll my eyes and giggle as he ruins the moment.

He chuckles and pulls me in for a hug, his skinny arms wrapping around my body as his head rests on top of mine.
We pull away and smile at eachother joyfully, the nightmare seems to have stopped affecting Michael now, thank god.

We go downstairs once I've done my makeup and hair and he's styled his hair and see my mum sitting in a light purple dress.

She looks beautiful and I smile, hugging her as we compliment eachother.

"Very smart Michael." She praises as she sees him.

He looks very smart, for him anyway, he's wearing a plain white shirt with a skinny black tie and black skinny jeans.

He pulls on his all black converses and I put some plain black heels on, mum wears sandals.

We all get in his car and he starts the engine.

"McDonald's then?" He chuckles, causing me and mum to laugh.

"Im joking, earlier when I went for a little drive I saw this cute little restaraunt. Shall we go there?" He asks and me and mum nod hungrily.

He sets off, driving smoothly through the little town, looking for the restaraunt that he found earlier.

We find it, it looks posh.

Michael opens the car door for me and mum and I giggle nervously at the gesture as we shut the doors and go inside.

"Good evening." A man with a thick English accent says. "Table for three?" he asks.

"Yes, please." I smile.

He leads us to a little circular booth and Michael sits closely beside me, mum on the opposite side slightly further away.

"What do you fancy then?" she asks as I scan the menu.

"I think I want the seasoned salmon with Caesar salad." I say and Michael frowns. "Im gonna get a burger." He says, making us all laugh.

"I quite like the sound of that chicken pasta." Mum says and we all smile, ready to order.

The English man appears once again and we all order our meal and drinks, I get a wine while Michael and my mum get a lemonade.

Our drinks come first and we all sip them slowly, waiting for our meals to arrive.

I end up drinking quite a lot of wine by the time our meal has come and as we sit and eat, I feel slightly tipsy.
Our meal finishes and we all sit and make friendly conversation, discussing how good the food was and our plans for the rest of the time in Newcastle.

"I think we should go shopping." I say.
Michael chuckles and nods in agreement, the thought of Michael shopping with us is certainly funny.
"Are you up for desert my darlings?" Mum asks.

Me and Michael exchange looks and nod, lifting the menu and looking through.

Michael points to a Chocolate fudge brownie and I nod in agreement.

Mum chuckles as she sees us, agreeing on deserts and we all end up getting a slice of chocolate fudge brownie with ice cream.

It doesn't take us long to devour the spongey, sticky fudge cake and for me to chug down another glass of wine and in no time Michael is driving us all back to my mums.

Mum goes straight up to bed, leaving me and Michael downstairs.

"Do you want a cup of tea?" He asks and I nod.

He walks through to the kitchen and I follow, watching him boil the kettle.
He turns around to me and pulls me in for a hug.

Our foreheads touch and I look deep into his glowing, green eyes.

"Kiss me." I whisper against his lips.
He pulls away, shaking his head.

"I can't." He says, cupping my face and stroking my cheek with his thumb. "You're drunk baby."

"Im not." I argue, although I know I sort of am.

He smiles at my pathetic attempt of a lie and plants a light kiss on the tip of my nose.

"There." He smiles. "Get into bed, ill bring the teas up." He tells me and I nod, kissing his cheek before stumbling up the stairs, removing my makeup and changing into a t shirt of his before climbing into bed.