Chapter 18

LAUREN'S P.O.V

"You'll leave me." He said, staring at the floor.

Oh shit.

"No I won't." I promised, even though I wasn't sure.

"Lauren i'm not fucking talking about it!" He shouted before storming out of the room.

I sat in the front room alone before deciding to join Michael's parents in the kitchen.

"Hello, Dani- Lauren, sorry, Lauren." Michael's dad said, rubbing his temples.

"Hello er-?" I replied, realising I didn't know his name.

"Oh sorry! I'm Andrew." He smiled.
"Hello Andrew." I smiled. "And I'm Kirsty." Michael's mum said kindly.

"And hello Kirsty." I finished, chuckling.

"I'm making some cookies for the picnic tomorrow if you want to join me?" she asked, frantically reaching around her cupboards for the ingredients.

"I'd love to!" I said, walking over to her.
She let me mix the cookie dough and lick the bowl as she cut the dough into little heart shapes.

On the counter there was a little timer which she set before putting the cookies in the oven, the smell of cooking cookies making me almost dribble.

Michael came in a few minutes later, faking a smile and pulling me into his body, trying his best to pretend nothing had happened.

Instead of obliging, I simply rested my head on his shoulders as we stood in the kitchen.

Kirsty was preparing containers to put the cookies in and Andrew was sat at the breakfast bar reading the paper.

He pressed a light kiss on my forehead before whispering "Danielle is long gone, please can we just move on?" I nodded, I wasn't willing to make one, probably small thing, ruin my weekend getting to know Michael's family, ill simply bring up the Danielle situation when we're back at uni and if Michael's not willing to talk about it ill ask Calum, Calum is always honest and he's Michael's best friend, he knows the boy like the back of his hand.

The smell of the cookies wafting around the kitchen was absolutely luxurious as I continued to stay in Michael's arms.

"I shotgun the biggest one." Michael said as Kirsty pulled the tray of cookies out from the oven.

Michael walked over to them and went to grab one, Kirsty hitting his hand lightly.

"Get your grubby hands off me and Lauren's cookies, they're for our picnic tomorrow."

"Picnic?" Michael laughed. "Mum I'm not 10 anymore." He finished. Kirsty looked slightly hurt.

"I'm excited." I smiled, walking back over to Michael, his big, cuddly arms instantly wrapping around my waist again.

"Will there be alcohol on this picnic?" Michael joked.

"Michael." Andrew warned. "No alcohol related jokes please." He finished.

Michael rolled his eyes. "Dad I think you need a brandy to calm yourself down." Michael chuckled.

"Michael." Andrew warned again.

"Stop WINE-ing." Michael laughed loudly at his awful pun.

"Michael!" Andrew shouted.

Michael continued to laugh harder at his joke, I was biting back laughter.

"Michael, you're not funny." Andrew said.

"Im even funnier when I'm drunk." Michael replied, his eyes dancing with amusement.