chapter 48

i wake up, still in calums bed, wearing his clothes. he must've dressed me.

"morning." he says, his voice raspy as he kisses my forehead.

"i need to talk to michael." i say, pulling out my phone

"don't do it over the phone sweetie." he says, stroking my hair.

"you need to meet and do this face to face." he tells me.
n

i nod and hug him for a moment, thanking him for everything he has done for me.

he kisses me softly and i cup his face for a moment, before sitting up.

"i have to go." i tell him.

"i have a lecture in half an hour anyway." he smiles.

i stand, pull on yesterday's clothes and hug him for a moment before leaving.

i call michael as i walk back to my dorm.

"morning pretty." he says as he answers.

"we need to talk." i reply, ignoring his comment. "meet me at the breakfast cafe in the town in an hour." i say, hanging up swiftly.

i reach my dorm and grab a towel and a fresh pair of clothes before taking a long, hot shower, letting the water calm my muscles.

i step out, holding the towel around me before drying and changing.

i pull my hair up into a wet ponytail and call the taxi company, saying i need a taxi in half an hour.

for the next half an hour i sit, contemplating what to say to michael, how to end it.

i get a text saying my taxi is here and i leave my dorm, taking my time to exit the building, preparing myself.

i hear the taxi beeping it's horn so i speed up and climb in when i see it.

"where to?" the taxi driver asks.

"uh, billy's breakfast cafe." i reply, keeping my eyes ahead. he begins to drive, the radio playing in the background.

i text michael saying 'you better be there' and he replies 'i am' shortly afterwards.

it takes about 10 minutes to get there, but it's the most stressful and nerve wracking 10 minutes of my life.

when the taxi driver pulls over outside the breakfast cafe, i get a nervous tummy ache and stay seated for a moment.

"id get out if i were you." he says. i look at him blankly. "the cost meter carries on increasing until you're out of the car." he says, watching the cost meter increase by 20 cents every few seconds. i pay him and get out the taxi, walking into the breakfast cafe and seeing michael sat on his own, drinking orange juice.

he smiles widely when he sees me and it kind of breaks my heart knowing that i'm about to upset him.

"hello." he smiles at me as i sit down.
i don't return the smile, or the hello, i simply just sit down.

"what's up?" he frowns.

"i need to talk to you." i sigh, looking away.

"so last night," i begin. "it was fun wasn't it." he chuckles, reminiscing on the laser tag.

"yeah." i trail off. "but when i got back to my dorm, there was this thing on the floor. i think it fell out of your denim jacket." i gulp. he blushes vigorously and tries to act normal.

"w-what was it?" he stutters.

"me and bethany think it was drugs. like cocaine or something." i sigh.

he looks away. "tell me the truth michael." i beg. "why did you have that."

"i don't do it i swear." he says in a panicked tone. "well i have, once or twice, but not often." he waffles.

"then why do you have it?"

"you know i was saying about my business," he admits and my mouth falls open. "that's what it was."

"so you've carried that stuff around when you've been with me!" i say loudly. "you've paid for stuff with the money from drug dealing!" 

"listen i'm sorry. i was gonna stop." he says.

"no! no you weren't! if i hadn't found out you wouldn't have stopped!"

"i can't be with you anymore michael." i say after a moment of silence.

he gets up off his chair and pushes the table over. the people in the cafe begin staring. he leaves swiftly.

i stand to my feet and leave, apologising to the waitress for the mess.

i follow him out, he slams his car door and i climb in the car.

"get out." he spits. his words are said in such a harsh manner i feel as though he wants to punch me.

"can we talk about this?"

"make it quick." he says, looking away.

"we don't work anymore. i know that you have been with that danielle girl a lot recently." i swallow. "i stayed with calum last night too." i admit.

his head jolts my way. "you what?" he raises his voice.

"i stayed with calum." i stutter.

"you fucked didn't you?" he shouts.

i look away.

"get out of my fucking car lauren!" he shouts. "get the fuck out!"

i look over at him to see tears spilling out of his eyes.

"get out!" he screams.

"i'm sorry." i whisper as i climb out the car.

he drives away quickly and i take a short walk to the bus stop, sitting myself down on the uncomfortable bench.