Chapter 8

MICHAEL'S P.O.V
"Get out." I said sternly.

Using her?!

I'm absolutely fucking not.

"Fuck you." she spat before leaving.
A massive part of me wanted to run after her and apologise but I just couldn't.

Calum came into the dorm with his slutty girlfriend Stacey shortly afterwards and raised an eyebrow at me.

"What have you fucking done to her now?" he said harshly.

"Why do you fucking care Calum! go and sleep with your whorey girlfriend!" I shouted.

She looked shocked and he gasped.
"What is your fucking problem Michael!? Leave." he ordered.

"I'm not leaving my own fucking room." I replied.

"You are." he challenged.

"Fine! Fuck!" I shouted before leaving the dorm.

I got in my car and drove straight to the little field where I took Lauren, sat in amongst the corn, turned my phone off and watched the stars.

I cleared my mind of every fucked up thing.

Later, I woke up, still laying in the field and turned my phone on.

It was 1am.

Texts from Calum flooded my phone as soon as I turned it on.

"Michael where are you?
Michael!?
No one has seen you
Seriously dude
Answer me, I'm getting worried That you've been drinking"

I soon replied; "I'm fine, you're not my mum and you don't have to know where I am all the time, don't be worried, you're the one being a dick.'

I sat up and yawned before getting my keys out of my pocket and standing.
There was corn all in my hair and over my clothes so I brushed myself off before climbing back into my car and driving back to campus, my eyes heavy from tiredness.

I got into mine and Calum's dorm and he was sat on the edge of his bed frowning and twiddling his fingers.

"There you are!" He shouted.

"Yep." I replied bluntly.

"I was worried." he replied, just as bluntly.

"I'm fine." I said as I got into bed.

...

I didn't talk to anyone today at school and Lauren avoided eye contact with me all day.

The day dragged by pretty slowly, I stayed in my dorm all night whilst Calum was at stacys dorm and listened to greenday.

My alarm began bleeping at 7am and I hauled my lifeless body out of bed tiredly, my hair ruffled and my body weak and tired.

I presumed a warm shower would make it better but I decided after climbing out of the shower, It made it worse.

I didn't bother even styling my hair today and threw on whatever smelt ok.
The cafe was full so I walked straight to literature and sat on a bench outside the classroom, my headphones plugged in.

A short while later, Lauren walked down to our classroom with another girl and a Starbucks in her hand.
The first bell went and the class filed in, I sat in my original place and Lauren sat in hers and it felt weirdly comforting to have her beside me.

"Sorry I fucked up." I wrote on a piece of paper and handed it to her.
"No you're not." she wrote back.
"Can we talk about it?" I replied on the sheet of paper, my writing scruffy compared to hers.