Chapter 28

LAUREN'S P.O.V

Michael nudged me slightly and I sat up, yawning.

"Morning." He said raspily, swinging his knee over my body so he was hovering over me and using his hands to hold my hands above my head.

He began kissing my neck softly.

"What's gotten into you this morning then?" I ask.

"Im basically horny as fuck." He whispers.

"I was going to go job hunting today." I whisper as he kisses my neck, an accidental groan slipping my lips.

His hand crawls down my trousers slowly but I shrug him away.

"Not now." I say.

He whimpers slightly, trying again.

"Michael, I said not now." I repeat, climbing out of bed and walking to the bathroom.

"Fuck sake." He mutters.

I brush my teeth and sit on the toilet lid before spitting my toothpaste in the sink and walking back into my bed.

Michael is sat with his back to me on his phone.

"Hey." I say softly.

"Not now Lauren." He says slightly angrily.

I groan and leave the room changing into a simple plain white over sized t shirt and black skinny jeans and a pair of black ankle boots. I put some makeup on and brush my hair, back combing it and making it look presentable.

I pull a leather jacket on and he emerges.

"Where are you going?" he asks.

"To find a job?" I say sarcastically.

"Let me drive you?" be says.

"It's fine. You're in a bad mood." I say, walking out.

"No." He says, grabbing my shoulder roughly and pulling me back.

I look at him, gasping as I realise how violent he just was.

"Just let me fucking drive you." He says.

"Ok." I reply quietly and bluntly.

We walk to his car in silence and I get in first, slamming the door and placing my head against the window as he drives silently into town.

We sit in silence as Michael stares at the road and I look out the window, never peering over at him.

"Is here okay?" he asks bluntly.

I nod, opening the door and leaving, walking away quickly.

I feel tears burning in my eyes and hurry into the local public bathroom to sort myself out.

I take a deep breath and one last glance in the mirror before going on my search.

I search for a job, asking in every shop if any are available, but by lunch time i'd still had no luck.

I sat in costa with an iced coffee in the corner and sipped it as I checked my messages.

'Can we talk?' A message from Calum read.

'Of course.' I texted back.

'Are you busy?'

'No, im in the costa in town.' I reply.

'Okay, give me 10 minutes.'

I sit by myself, waiting for Calum to talk about whatever was worrying him. Calum arrives, I can tell he is tired by his scruffy hair and bags under his eyes.