Chapter 4

MICHAEL'S P.O.V

A week has gone by since Ashton's party.

It sucked.

I swear my hangover has only just gone.

I'm starting college tomorrow and I haven't really left my flat since the party, I changed my hair colour though, its a light brown/blonde colour - I was getting sick of having in-your-face hair all the time.

I walked down to the cafe that Chloe and Lauren work in to get a coffee.

Chloe didn't appear to be in but Lauren was, leaning on the counter, as always.
Something attracted me to Lauren, I couldn't work out what it was though.

Her brown hair fell perfectly and her brown eyes were a beautiful, hazel colour.

I walked to the counter and ordered a coffee.

"Wait... you're Michael aren't you?" she asked and I nodded.

"You must have felt pretty rough the other week." she chuckled as she made the coffee, pressing buttons and pulling levers on the machine.

"That's a fucking understatement." I chuckled.

She giggled lightly and put my coffee in front of me.

"Two dollars please." she smiled and I handed her the money.

"Wait... You look... Different." she said, studying me. "Oh, you've dyed your hair." she finished, pushing the cash register shut.

"Yeah, I do that a lot." I laughed and she smiled back sweetly.

I drunk my coffee slowly and Calum walked in, a towel over his shoulder, he had clearly just come from the gym since a thin layer of sweat glossed his tan skin and he was wearing jogging bottoms and a vest.

"Oh, hey Lauren." he smiled, ignoring me.

"Ill get a mix fruit smoothie please love." he smiled, putting the money on the counter and waving at me.

"You weren't at the gym." he called to me.

"I'm still hungover from 8 days ago." I replied and he chuckled.

She gave him the smoothie and I watched him as he walked over to me, sitting opposite me and sipping the foamy liquid.

"Up to anything today?" he asked and I shrugged.

"We're going to college tomorrow, I was planning on moving all my shit into our dorm." I replied and Calum nodded.

"Ill join you." he smiled.

We finished our drinks and left the small cafe.

"How are we going to get it all there?" he asked as we walked down the road.

"I'm leaving my furniture, I'm just packing my clothes and some other hair shit and stuff." I replied and Calum nodded.

We walked through the small, dim stairwell to my flat and I began packing as soon as we opened the door.

An hour later, I was all packed up for uni except for an outfit for the next day and more importantly, hairspray.

We went to Calum's mums house, where he was living, and packed all his things as well.

"Sleepover?" I asked, lame I know.
He nodded.

We went back to my flat and watched TV and drunk beer before falling asleep beside eachother on the sofa.

My phone began ringing at 7am and I groaned.

It was my mum.

"Hi mum." I answered, as kindly as I could muster.