Chapter 29

MICHAEL'S P.O.V

As soon as I leave Lauren's dorm in a huff it dawns on me, I have nowhere to go.

I ring ashton.

"Hello?" he slurs.

"Dude, can I stay at yours for a bit?" I ask frantically.

"What? yeah, er sure." He answers.

"Ill explain everything when I get there." I reply before walking towards my car and unlocking it.

I hang up the phone and sit in my car for a moment, punching the steering wheel and taking deep breaths.

"Okay." I breathe, calming myself down as I start the engine, driving slowly to Ashton's house.

The drive is long and slow, the light rain tapping against the windscreen somewhat calming me.

The radio plays softly and I pull up at Ashton's, feeling considerably calmer than I was 30 minutes ago.

I take a deep breath, knocking on his front door.

He answers, his eyes bloodshot.

"H-hi." He says, stumbling slightly.

"Have you been drinking?" I ask.

"No, well, yeah but," he trails off, staring into space. "It doesn't matter. Come in." He says.

I walk behind him up to his bedroom and he picks up the half empty vodka bottle off of his bedside table and watch him as he begins drinking it neat.

"No." I say, taking it off him. "Stop it, you're scaring me." I screw the lid on the bottle and put it away.

"Chloe cheated on me the whole time." He said after a moment, sitting on his bed, his head in his hands.

"Oh, shit." I say, sitting beside him. I wanted to give him friendly advice but I simply had no clue what to say, im pretty sure I was just as shocked as he was. "That's not even the worst of it." He sniffles. "It was with Calum." He chokes.

"No." I say. "No, no. Me and Calum aren't in a good place at the moment but I know for a fact he would not do that to you. Don't believe anything that slut says."

He nodded.

He attempted to get the vodka out again but I stopped him and managed to disturb him, and myself, with a game of FIFA on the xbox.

"Did you and your girl argue then?" ashton asks, not taking his eyes off the intense FIFA game.

"Yeah." I sigh, desperately trying to forget.

I began thinking back to this morning, how well it was all going. God damn it Michael.

"I've never seen you so love struck for someone, she must be quite something." He teases.

"She really is." I answer, not even caring about how soppy I sound.

"Let's get drunk." He says, placing the controller down on the bed.

"Absolutely fucked. Shitfaced in fact." He says.

I hum as I decide.

"Come on Michael, can't we just go back to how we were? getting pissed at every opportunity? You can't say you don't miss them times." He chuckles lightly at the memories of me being passed out in a pizza shop at 1am.

"Oh fuck it." I say, placing the controller down. "What alcohol do you have?"

He chuckles wickedly and we walk down stairs, looking through his cupboard.