Chapter 22

(Okay so im really shitty at authors notes but I just want to thank every single one of you for everything! this book has over 52k reads and has over 1k votes! (That's insane!!) and the support is amazing, I read each and every one of your comments, I enjoy reading them and im glad you enjoy this book!💘)

LAUREN'S P.O.V

I washed my body, getting rid of Michael's mess over my chest before climbing out of the scorching shower and wrapping a towel around my body.

Michael's parents weren't back yet so I padded through to the bedroom that me and Michael were staying in. He was on the phone chuckling and talking quietly, I wasn't necessarily bothered about who he was talking to anymore.

I pulled a simple plain white t shirt on with a pair of black leggings and let my hair air dry.

"Okay, ill speak to you in the week." Michael said before hanging up the phone.

"Who was that?" I asked as I pulled on some fluffy socks.

"Calum." He answered, not looking ar me and placing his phone on the bedside table.

"Oh right." I answered simply, tying my wet hair up in front of the long mirror.

Michael's arms snaked around my waist and I smiled into the mirror at him, he smiled back and leaned down to kiss my cheek softly.

"I love you." He whispered into the crook of my neck.

"And I love you." I answered, smiling.

"Good." He whispered, pulling away and putting the pile of our clothes away.

The doorbell began ringing and he shot me a quick smile before running downstairs and answering the door. Within seconds he was back upstairs, pulling the covers over his body and gesturing for me to climb in beside him.

I didn't oblige, we simply laid together, enjoying eachothers peace.

He broke the silence after a long while. "Im sorry about earlier." He said quietly.

"What?" I asked confusedly as my head rested on his chest.

"You know, the sex thing." He said. "We won't have to wait much longer, I promise baby." He whispered.

I nodded and we fell silent again.

"I've lost count of what lesson we're on." He laughed after a few more minutes of silence, running his fingers through my hair.

I fell asleep after a short while and woke up to Michael talking to me softly.

"Dinners ready." He whispered.

I lifted my head off his chest and yawned, getting up.

He smiled and we walked downstairs together.

Me, Michael, Kirsty and Andrew all sat around the table eating dinner and Andrew broke the comfortable silence.

"What did you do while we were in town then?" Andrew asked.

Michael had a little smile playing on his lips as he looked over at me.

"Watched a few films and stuff." He smiled.

"Come on son, im not stupid." Andrew said. Michael and me both frowned.

"I was a teenager once, I also had a beautiful girlfriend." Andrew began, looking over at Kirsty. "And I remember everytime our parents would leave the house we would-" Andrew said, Michael cutting him off quickly, saving the embarrassment. "Oh dad no," Michael chuckled, swallowing before continuing. "Me and Lauren haven't, we haven't you know, done that... yet." Michael said.

I looked away, redness creeping across my cheeks.

"Don't be embarrassed." Michael laughed, placing his hand on my thigh.

Andrew looked somewhat relived.

"Makes a change Michael, it was all you were with your other girlfriends for." Andrew joked.

I felt a pang in my stomach suddenly.

"No dad, they weren't my girlfriends." Michael chuckled nervously. "I just messed around with them." He said. "Anyway, this is awkward, me and Lauren are going upstairs. Bye." Michael said, standing from the table.

We went and laid back in bed and Michael began giggling.

"What?" I asked, smiling.

"Your hand." He said.

I noticed I was holding his crotch, I quickly pulled away and reddened.

He laughed harder, placing a small kiss on my forehead.

"Back to campus tomorrow." He pointed out.

I nodded.

"It's been amazing here, your parents are so lovely." I smiled.

He nodded.

"I've fucked up a lot this weekend though, im sorry." Michael said, his voice low.

"It's fine." I said. "After all, a relationship without arguments is a relationship without passion." I finished.

He smiled, looking up at the ceiling.

"My favourite quote." He whispered.

We fell asleep fully clothed shortly afterwards and were woken up by Kirsty.

"We have to leave to get you to campus." Kirsty whispered.

Michael sat up, nodding sleepily.

We walked to the car, Michael carrying the case.

We didn't bother changing, Michael was still wearing shorts and a t shirt from yesterday and I was still wearing a plain white t shirt and black leggings.

We sat in the back sitting sleepily in eachothers arms.

The journey seemed to take forever and once we were back at Campus I was much more awake.

"Thankyou Kirsty for this weekend." I said, kissing her cheek.

"No thankyou, thankyou for making Michael happy." She whispered as we hugged.

"It's an honour." I replied quietly.

"And Michael, goodbye darling. I will see you very soon. I love you." She said, kissing his cheek and pulling him in for a big hug.

"I love you mum." He smiled. She drove off and we waved before walking through to my dorm.

"Im going to take you out for dinner tonight." Michael told me as we sat on my bed together.

"Okay." I smiled.

"Ill pick you up at 5." He said, getting up off the bed. 

I followed him to the door, placing a small kiss on his lips before he left.