Chapter 31

MICHAEL'S P.O.V

"Come on then baby." I say, packing the last of our things into a large bag and holding my hand out.

She stands off the bed and her fingers lace into mine, leaving her small dorm and walking to my car.

"Where exactly are we heading?" I ask as I turn the engine on, the heating instantly warming the car.

"Newcastle." She replies tiredly.

I look on the sat nav for the quickest route, down the pacific motorway only takes 2 hours.

"Let's go." I say, reversing out of campus and on to the main road, setting down the pacific motorway.

The traffic isn't all to bad, there's a few delays due to crashes but the car drive is fine.

The radio plays softly as the rain taps on the windscreen and Lauren leans her head against the door, allowing herself to fall asleep. I place my hand on her thigh and rub small circles in her jeans as she sleeps.

I wake Lauren up when we arrive in Newcastle by talking to her softly.

"We are in Newcastle, where now?" I ask.

She sits up, looking out of the windscreen and leading me to her family home.

I pull up outside and park, collecting our bag from the boot and allowing her to hold my hand once more as we walk to her mums porch.

She knocks lightly and we stand together, waiting for her mum to answer.

She answers a minute or so later, her hair is short and brown and she's wearing a night dress and slippers.

"Lauren, my baby!" she exclaims, pulling her in for a long hug.

"You must be Michael." She smiles, I nod and hug her. "I've heard a lot about you. Im Kerry" She chuckles, letting us in.

"Now baby's, the spare room on the right is all yours, make yourself at home." She smiles warmly. "Ill get the kettle on." She finishes, disappearing into the kitchen.

We walk into the spare room and I place the bag down beside the bed, pulling Lauren in for a long hug, my chin resting on the top of her head.

We go downstairs after we pull away from our hug and Lauren joins her mum in the kitchen.

A small, cute dog runs up to me and jumps up at my leg and I lean down to stroke it.

"Hello boy!" I coo as he licks my hand, I stroke his neck and chuckle as he jumps up at my leg once again.

"Michael what are you do-" I hear Lauren say, her sentence is cut off as she walks into the hall and sees me playing with the dog.

She chuckles deeply and beckons her mum.

"Buddy's found a new friend." Her mum chuckles.

"That dog is satan." Lauren says as it barks at her. "It's always hated me." She chuckles.

I laugh and continue playing with it, picking up one of its toys and entertaining it.

Lauren and her mum carry the cups of tea into the living room and I follow, sitting beside Lauren on the sofa as her mum takes a seat in her armchair.

Buddy the dog jumps on my lap and lays over my thighs, I stroke him as I drink my tea and have a conversation with Kerry.

"Are you enjoying uni then my darlings?" she asks.

"Yeah," Lauren answers. I simply agree even though I think it's shit but soon remind myself that if it wasn't for uni, me and Lauren wouldn't be like we are.