Chapter 26

LAUREN'S P.O.V

"Michael, please calm down." I panic, rushing to his side as tears stream down his face.

Im pretty sure no ones ever seen him this desperate.

"I love you Lauren, I love you so much, please don't listen to him. He's evil." Michael cries.

"Baby it's okay." I assure him, kneeling beside him and running my fingers through his hair.

"It's not. I hate him." He cries.

"I know, I know. It's fine, you can stay with me for a while." I comfort him, kissing his forehead and rubbing his back.

"Just lay down and we'll talk about it." I coo.

"I don't wanna talk about it." He sniffles, standing to his feet limply and laying in his bed. I lay beside him and kiss his cheek, my leg slung over his body and my face buried in the crook of his neck.

"I fucking hate him." He mumbles. "He only said all that shit because he likes you, you know that Lauren, don't you?" he asks.

"Yes." I reply, even though im not entirely sure. I wouldn't be surprised if Michael was just messing me around, we are so different to eachother but now that he's took my virginity and tells me he loves me, I like to think Calum is only being a dick.

"You know how much I love you baby." He cries.

"I love you Lauren. So damn much, I've never met anyone like you." He sniffles.

"I know Michael, and I love you so much, I promise. You can stay in my dorm until things between you and Calum have calmed down." I tell him, trying to calm him down. He nods and we lay together calmly for the next 10 minutes.

"You don't believe him, do you?" he asks.

"No, I," I trailed off.

"You?" He pushes.

"I don't know." I confess. "It's just, it's a lot to take in. Especially as one of my bestfriends said it."

"I understand." He says, swallowing hard. "But I love you."

"And I love you." I reply, putting everything that Calum has said to the back of my mind.

"Lets leave before he comes back." I say. Michael nods and we both stand, I change and we leave.

He takes some spare clothes and a toothbrush with him and we turn up to my dorm.

I introduce him to Beth and she simply nods, not talking much.

"We can go out tonight?" I offer to Michael, I don't like seeing him so upset.

He simply hums in reply.

"We can do." He says dryly.

"Please cheer up baby." I say.

"Baby?" he says, his lips turning up in the corners.

I smile and he sits up.

"Lets go out tonight." He agrees. "But this time we will stay out instead of rushing home." He giggles. I chuckle and nod.

"We'll go out for drinks." He smiles.

"I don't drink heavily, I barely ever drink." I remind him.

"We could go to the cinema?" he offers.

"Yeah." I smile.

"No cheesy rom-coms though." He teases, stroking my hair and kissing me softly.