XIV

v0t3 and c0mm3nt

There was so much happening at once

There was so much happening at once. Jahseh had a knife aimed at Timmy, only cause I was behind him. Timmy had a gun aimed at Jahseh, for pulling a knife on me. Sonny was trying to control Timmy from actually shooting, cause he was the type of guy to actually do it. Like I said earlier, he is really overprotective of me.

I had gotten scared.

"You fuckin messed wit my girl!" Jahseh yelled at me, over Timmy.

I furrowed my eyebrows, I never did anything to anyone. What makes him think I would mess with his hoe of a girlfriend. I began to feel myself black out, which didn't happen often. I only really happened when I got really mad. I barely ever get mad though, usually just sad.

"What the fuck are you talking about ! She is the one who wanted to fight." I pointed at Geneva, frustrated.

"Nah jahseh, she is lying. She pushed me in to a locker, and told me she wanted to fight" Geneva lied to him.

Sonny furrowed his eyebrows, cause hr could tell she was lying. Jahseh on the other hand, was falling for her mind games. Jahsehs eyes became dark, and he seemed to have less control over himself.

Stokeley and his friend Danny, ran over, and grabbed both of his arm, making the pocket knife fall to ground.

They dragged him backwards so that he was farther away from us. He was screaming things like, "you fucked up" and "I bet you wont shoot me nigga" I honestly, never seen this side if him. It kinda made me a little scared.

They dragged Jahseh out of my sight, and the rest of his friends, Isaiah, Ming, and Craig, followed after them. Timmy lowered the gun and backed up.

Geneva got up out of her friends grip, and ran to where Jahseh dropped his knife. She picked it up, and ran behind Timmy, so that she was facing me now. She was standing in the middle of the street with a gun to me.

"Now your dumb ass tryna make my man break up with me" Geneva yelled, holding the knife up.

I stared at her, not fazed. I really didnt care if she killed me. I have been wanting to die for the longest time, but have been too scared to commit suicide. She would be the one to do it for me.

"I should kill you. Nah I am gonna kill you" she stood farther out in the street.

"Kill me then, bitch" I stood up, walking closer.

"Rot in hell-" she was cut off.

My jaw dropped.

Sonny gapsed, covering Jenna's eyes.

I heard her crying, from fear.

Timmy rubbed his hand over his face, aggressively, mumbling curse words.

Jade fell to the ground, with her head in her palms.

Stacy's eyes began to get watery, she ran away with fear, and sadness.

The car took off, without stopping. The driver must've been drunk, high, or sleep.

Geneva lied on the ground, with the knife still in her hand. Her entire side was covered in blood. Her eyes, shut tight, and there was an indent on her stomach to where the tire had run over her.

I covered my mouth, not sure of what to do. I began to cry. I thought this was my fault.

If I never showed up, she probably wouldnt be like this right now.

-

Blue and red lights flashed by as we walked back to the house. It was a quiet walk. My eyes itched, so I knew they were red and puffy.

"Stop crying" Timmy told me.

"This is my fault" I wiped my eyes.

"No. None of this is your fault. Dont yall yourself that" Timmy assured me.

"But-" I was cut off by Sonny.

"No. Shush. He is right. It's not your fault " Sonny assured me.

I watched as the ambulance drove past us, and turned the corner. I knew just what hospital they were going to. I had an idea. I wanted to at least make sure she was okay, cause she did just get hit by a car.

"Can we see her in the hospital?" I asked them.

"No." "Hell no." Timmy and Sonny said in unison.

Sonny was usually the nice one, so when he said no, I guess he had a good reason to say it.

"why not?" I asked lowly.

"For a couple reasons. Number 1, her boyfriend is probably gonna be there, and he is crazy as hell" Timmy said.

"Second, it's not your fault. Its hers, so she can be there, by herself" Sonny added.

"and She's a bitch, so no ." Timmy crossed his arms.

"But she could be dead" I turned around to face him.

"Then shes dead" Timmy shrugged.

"Look, Ana..." Sonny said, making me look at him. "You can call the hospital and ask to speak to her or sum" he shrugged.

I exhaled, nodding.

-

We got inside the house, and my hand shook with fear, as I dialed the number of the hospital on the home phone.

It was silent, in the room. Everyone was watching me. Jenna moved her legs, being impatient. Timmy had his hands in his palms, and Sonny just stared, waiting.

954-355-4400
(the actual Broward hospital number)

It rang for a few seconds, before being answered by a lady. I had called the front desk. I pressed speaker and she began to talk.

"hello, you have reached Broward health, medical center, my name is Jessica, how may I help you?" The lady said in to the phone.

"Um hi, do you have Geneva- Ayala?" I asked lowly.

She was quiet for a minute. I heard her flipping through papers.

"Umm ma'am..." she said in a low tone

"Yes?" I asked worried.

"Geneva ayala, is dead"

to be continued...