XII

v0t3 and c0mm3nt

I got to school that day and no one was treating me different

I got to school that day and no one was treating me different. It was all the same. I heard Jahseh's girl friend and her 2 friends come up me. Their snobby voices were recognizable.

One of the pushed me, from behind, and I fell down on my knees. I rolled my eyes, getting back up till one of them pushed me back on the ground. I turned around and faced them, still sitting on my knees.

"So you messing with my man, huh?" Geneva put her hand up, with attitude.

"No. What the fuck" I said getting up.

"Well I see that you have so you straight up fucking lied to me, you dumb whore." Geneva got in my face, and she was taller than me.

"Your man, messes with me" I crossed my arms, with my binder in them.

"So now you got a attitude? Bitch meet me at the park after school hoe." She walked away as everyone added adlibs like "ouuu" and "ooohh".

I rolled my eyes at how cliche this was and gathered my things, heading to first period. This time, I walked past Jahseh and his friends, and they didnt say anything. The only stared at me, which was really unusual. I expected then to push me, or call me hannah baker or some dumb shit like that.

Jahseh whispered something in to Stokeleys ear, as they both stared me down with no expression on their faces.

-

I sat in 4th period with my head down, but my eyes wide open. Jahseh stared at me with his eyes and eyebrows lowered. He didnt look mad, he kinda looked worried, or upset.

He's been looking like this since, yesterday. What is his problem?

Most people would be scared if Geneva told them she wanted to fight. But me, no. I dont care. She is bony and could never win a fight with me. I'm not being cocky, but I'm just stating facts. I could never be cocky. With all I've been through, and continue to go through, confidence is not an option.

"Miss Cortell, if you dont pick your head up, I will have to send you to the nurse" the teacher shrugged making everyone look at me.

I turned my head, and rolled my eyes so that she wouldnt see, and grabbed my things. I got up and left the classroom to go sit in the office. The nurses room was beside the office but I didnt want to go in there, because she hated me. I truly dont know why though. I think her kid goes to the school. They probably told her something about me.

I sighed with my arms on the chair, and my head rested on my hand.

The counselor didn't mind when I went in here. She knew everyone bullied me. But their excuse was always "I cant suspend everyone" so they always let the bullying slide.

I struggled to see my paper, that was leaned against my binder so I could write, since jahseh still had my glasses. I knew he wasn't gonna give them back, and my family cant afford to buy me anymore, so I had to be partially blind until I got them back some how.

I finish my algebra expressions and then moved on to studying notes for spanish. I was not really good at that class. Learning a new language was so hard for me.

When I was born, my family spoke English around me. But they also spoke Japanese, to each other. By the time I was about 12, I felt left out how everyone could speak Japanese, and began to try to learn the language myself. It took 4 years to learn for me, and I'm still struggling a little.

Long story short, spanish is not my strong suit at all. Yet, i manage to keep a high C in that class.

"Hun, where are your glasses?" Mrs. Bracardi, the counselor asked taking a seat in front of me.

"i-uh. I lost them" I lied.

"Mr. Onfroy and Mr. Goulbourne took them didn't they?" She asked, arching an eyebrow.

I looked down at my thighs, and nodded. She inhaled then exhaled after.

"Why dont you ever just tell me what they do to you?" She asked me seriously.

"cause, i just dont wanna seem like a snitch" I explained to her.

"I- ugh. I know you don't like talking about your problems ana, but this is the type of stuff i need to know...so i can help you" She assured me.

"i never said i dont like talking about my problems, and no. You cant help me, no one can...its too late" I said gathering my items and walking out.

to be continued...