Nothing....ever goes right at a party

DISCLAIMER: I OWN NOTHING
A/N: here are songs you can listen to while reading this.

Heathens-twenty one pilots

Bad at love-Halsey

Feel it still-Portugal. The man

CLARY POV
     We arrive at the party, jocks are everywhere both high school and collage jocks. Cheerleaders and more. There are a bunch of people making out, and some are stumbling upstairs. Others are getting wasted and the rest are dancing. I saw Alec and Magnus, they were adorably holding each other. A spark of Jelousy came over me. I wish I could have a love life like that. Izzy has gone to mingle, leaving me on my own. I barley knew anyone. I saw Jay at the bar. He took a shot and slammed the glass on the table, somehow he didn't break it. I start walking towards him. He was probably the only one I knew that was here. I sit down next to him. "You want anything sexy" The bar tender asks wiggling his eyebrows. I glare at him.
      "No thank you" I say. I look at Jay.
      "Hey....What are you doing here?" Jay asks.
      "Izzy dragged me here.....why aren't you shoving your youngest down some girls throat?" I ask
      "Don't feel like it.....don't tell anyone, but i envy my brother ..." Jay says.
      "What?why?"
       "Well first of all, because he's smart, he isn't afraid to be himself...My father praises me for football....but when that's over....I'm over" Jay explains. "......He also has something that I will never have......and that's you" I get surprised by this. "Well, ok not. You you, but the love he has for you, the love you have for him....you two might actúa be able to...get married have kids...have a life after high school....I, i won't" Jay says.
       "Yeah well, I don't know if you know but, Jace actually.....Well....we're complicated"
        "Oh" he looks at the shot glass. "Then he's an idiot" i shrug. I look around and see Jace. My eyes widen. What is he doing here?! He was talking with Britney. He looked mad, furious. Britney was frowning at him. Eventually she slapped him. Jace told her something and she walked away mad. Then Jace looked at me sensing my eyes. I looked back at Jay, he shrugs knowing what I was going to ask him. He takes his leather jacket and leaves.

JACE POV
       Jay had dragged me to this party, I didn't want to be here. But here i was. Britney came up to me. "Hey" She said flirtatiously.
        "Hey Britney....Listen I'm sorry but...I can't date you....I just don't think I like you that way....we can still be friends though" It isn't a lie...I really don't feel that way about her. Britney frowns.
      "Are you serious?! No, I didn't waste my precious time trying to make that stupid girl jealous enough and lower her self esteem and her trust in you for you not to like me back!" She says. My eyes widen.