'Formal Events' are Awkward

DISCLAIMER:I own nothing

A/N: PLEASE READ THIS!!!!

Please if you haven't read the last two chapters please go read them so you don't get confused.

the order is

1) Formal Event

2) Meeting new people

3)'Formal events' are awkward

Sorry for the inconvinience

-BellaSH13

Clary POV
"Ok, so how did it go?" Jace asks. I sigh.
"It went really well, I'm just...."
"Nervous?" He says completing my sentence. This is why I love him, he knows me better than any other person in the world. This is also why I don't want to lose him.
"I just........What if I screw up Jace?"
" You won't 'screw up'" he tells me. "Here, how about we just get it over with?"
"Ok" He grabs my hand and we walk up to a beautiful middle aged couple. They looked about my mom and dads age. "Mom, Dad, this is Clary, my girlfriend" Jace says confidently. This was way worse than Imogene. I wanted to run out of the party, go into the garden and hope the earth would swallow me.
"H-Hi" I stutter. Dammit Clary! You're going to screw this up! "I'm Clary" I tell them. The woman looks me up and down, suddenly I feel naked. It's as if she can look right into your soul. The man looks nice though and he smiles at me.
"It's nice to meet you Clary, I'm Stephen, Jace's Father" He says putting a hand for me to shake. I shake it as firmly as I can in my nervous state.
"You look......familiar. Have we met before?" The woman asks.
"No, I don't think so." I say. The woman smiles.
"Good, well Clary I—," She was interrupted by my mother.
"Clary, You're father and I have work so we're going to leave. Here's some money for a cab." She says. I take the twenty dollar bill and put it in my pocket.
"Thanks Mom" I say wanting her to go away.
"Jocelyn Fairchild" says a cold voice, I realized it was Jace's Mom, Celine.
"Celine Montclair"
"Actually It's Celine Herondale now" She says.
"Good, we'll just so you know my name is now Jocelyn Morgenstern" My mother says. My dad comes up to my mom.
"Jocelyn we need to go oh oh oh.....Heyyyyy Celine" My dad says.
"Y-you know e-each other" I gulp. It doesn't look like they like each other too much.
"Of course we do, I used to date Valentine in high school," She says. now i was about to faint. WHAT ARE THE GODDAMMED ODDS?! I swear I was about to fall and faint. Jace being Jace and my ultimate super hero right now held me up. Ok that might sound corny and exaggerated. But I swear he saved me from falling to the floor. "And Jocelyn was my best friend. Until I caught Valentine cheating on me with Jocelyn." Celine says. Now I didn't know if I was going to puke, faint, run or apologize for my dad cheating on her.
"Celine, that was so many years ago, why don't you just get over it?" My mom asks. Celine looks furious.
"George, please see to it that every Morgenstern is escorted from the premises" Celine says. Jace tightens his grip on my waist.
"Wait, Mom" Jace says. But he was interrupted by a very, very muscular guy, even more muscular and big than Jace, trying to pull me off him, Jace wouldn't let go though. That's when I notice, all the people awkwardly watching us. I sigh and let go of Jace making Jace's grip slip and having the body guard carry me over his shoulder. I was just hoping he wouldn't take advantage of me, or that my dresses skirt won't go up and show mu underwear. This is an amazing way to meet my boyfriends parents. (Note the sarcasm).