The Formal Event

DISCLAIMER:I OWN NOTHING

CLARY POV

"Clary, let's go, WE'RE GOING TO BE LATE!" My mother yells. I Glance at my self. I still fumbled with my hair. Then I walk downstairs. I bite my lip and try to calm myself down. We all get into the car. It was me, mom,dad and Jon.

"Can you turn on the air...it's hot" I tell them. Mom Turns on the air at full.

"Don't worry Clary....everything is going to be fine" My Mother tries to calm me. But I'm still hyperventilating. We finally arrive. I get out of the car fast and run up the stairs hoping I'm not sweaty. I stop at the front door. My family a few steps behind me. I knock on the door. The door opens. Amelia smiles and lets me in. Me and my family walk in. If I wasn't nervous before now i am 20x nervous. The Bradley's were here....so were a bunch of more people I don't even know. Jace comes up to me and my family.
    "Hey Clary" He says smiling.
    "Hi," I smile back. He looks at me up and down and frowns. I can see Jon fisting his fists. He probably thinks Jace wants me to look better, or that I didn't dress up to the event. But that's not the case. The only time Jace looks me up and down is when I look like popular Clary, when I wear some lipstick and mascara, and when I wear contacts instead of glasses. He sighs and tucks in some stray hair behind my ear.
     "Clary, my parents are going to love you....you don't need to wear contacts or make up" he tells me. I sigh.
      "I know...I just want to make a good first impression" i tell him, he smiles the gorgeous nerdy smile I fell in love with.
       "Come on," He says as he drags me into the pool of people. "There are four families here other than mine, yours, the Bradley's, The Clare's (A/N:See What I did there. *wink* *wink*) The Roth's (A/N: And there) and the Meyer's (A/N: And there!)  I nod and bite my lip. Jace smiles as he drags me towards an Old lady with brown hair and blue eyes. She had a white formal shirt with a black skirt, her hair neatly made into a formal bun.

 She had a white formal shirt with a black skirt, her hair neatly made into a formal bun

   She was beautiful, she had a little girl with dark black hair talking to her.  "Grandma" Jace said and my heart started beating faster. I have been kidnapped for goodness sake! But this was way more terrifying. I thank the universe for me not sweating like a pig. The woman turns to Jace as she gives the girl a chocolate covered strawberry. The girl giggles and runs off. 
      "Oh! Hello Jace, I haven't seen you all day" the woman says pulling Jace into a hug.  Jace hugs her back.
       "Grandma, I want you to meet....Clary, she's my girlfriend" Jace says. I swear I was about to fall to the ground and die. The woman looks at me. I smile and put my hand towards her so she can shake it, I tried not to fumble, and thank goodness I didn't.
      "Hi, I'm Clary" I tell her, the woman smiles.
      "I'm Imogene Herondale" I recognize that name easily.

$&$&$&$&

    "Imogene Herondale is the best designer EVER, she has the best dresses, perfume, chocolates, make up...SHE IS AMAZING!" Izzy says as she eats the last piece of her Imogene Herondale chocolate.

$&$&$&$&