57th piece: Slow

The song for this chapter is Idon'twannabeyouanymore by Billie Eilish. You can play the song provided above.

If teardrops could be bottled

There'd be swimming pools filled by models

Told a tight dress is what makes you a whore

If "I love you" was a promise

Would you break it, if you're honest

Tell the mirror what you know she's heard before

Idontwannabeyou

Idontwannabeyou

Idontwannabeyou... anymore

~ Billie Eilish

Caralei

The sky was now dark with the stars twinkling and the moon helped in bringing light at the festival grounds. The day might have ended but the festival was still alive and full of energy. I have noticed more people have arrived and some were looking at us with surprise evident on their faces.

"It's Mech! OMG! Let's go!" Those who have spotted Mechanical Angel exclaimed and they ran towards the grounds were the performance would take place. I was amazed at how the team and the managers of the festival have kept his performance a secret.

"How did you hide this? How did your team manage to make up something for the last act just to hide him?" I asked Rafe.

"The managers of the festival knew how Mech performs sometimes. You see, some of his performances are done in surprise and the crowd won't suspect a thing. He was known to pop whenever and wherever he wanted and that's how the "Angel Apparition" began. That term was usually used whenever he gives surprise performances. When we told the management about the surprise performance of Mech, they quickly agreed and managed to make up a singer whom they said was a mysterious rising DJ. Of course people would want to see a rising star so we have convinced them that it was some DJ and not Mech and viola! Here we are." Wow. That amount of effort just to surprise people was amazing. I guess Mech popping whenever and wherever he wanted was convenient with the type of work he has in the business world.

As we walked, I can see the twins leading the way followed by Paul who was speaking on the phone. Finneas and Albert were filming Montessoro who was waving his hand, pointing at the crowd and making hand gestures as if he was inviting the camera to join him. When we arrived at the stage, I saw him stretching his body warming himself up for his performance. The crowd's noise became louder as one of his songs was played.

"A surprise for this year's Field Day!" As an introduction took place, Montessoro looked back at us. They all gave him thumbs up and I also gave him thumbs up before I mouthed him a 'good luck' and 'you can do it.' He waved a hand at us before he turned back shaking his hands and doing some leg stretches. Speaking of his legs, I wonder if he was felt good standing up when he still had bruises. I have to know if they knew.

"We bring you, Mechanical Angeeeeeeeel!" The crowd went wild and the music got louder. As Mech stepped in to the spotlight, everyone cheered. Seeing Mech waving at the crowd made me feel proud and happy for him. He really loved what he's doing. Smoke came out from the sides of the stage as he finally reached the table where a laptop, his Launchpad and some controllers I didn't know about were placed. He began to press on some buttons on the controllers and the bass began to pick up. The screams were deafening and I wondered how they survived this kind of things every time. Then, I felt a tap on my shoulder and I turned to my right. Rafe was holding ear plugs. I took them.