40th piece: Musical Factor

The discovery of song and the creation of musical instruments both owed their origin to a human impulse which lies much deeper than conscious intention: the need for rhythm in life... the need is a deep one, transcending thought, and disregarded at our peril.
~ Richard Baker

Caralei

Voj was really there in our home when we came home. He was surprised to see me going home with Montessoro but he was a true gentleman as he helped me carry Montessoro's bag. Brutus growled at him though and Voj had to avoid the dog in fear of being bitten. That was the next problem. We had to make Brutus stay in the garden for now since we don't have a cage. Montessoro was okay with it and ordered for Brutus to behave before we went to the living room and I settled him in the sofa. All that time, Voj and dad just watched us with equal awe as I busied myself around Montessoro. He kept on talking that he was fine and I shouldn't tire myself around him. I gave him a look that I won't give up and he raised his hands in the air in surrender earning a chuckle from Dad. Even Voj was smiling.

"Thanks man." Montessoro spoke.

"No problem." Voj replied sitting at the seat in front of him. Dad sat on his chair while I excused myself to go to the bathroom.

"Any idea who did this to you? I can help you, you know. We can bring justice to what happened to you." I heard Voj speak to him. A smile grew on my face while I made my way to my room. It seemed like this day would be better than I expected. After 20 minutes, I emerged out of the bathroom feeling so clean and fresh. I was combing my hair when someone knocked on my door.

"Come in." I spoke and the door opened.

"Hi." I turned around and smiled at Voj who was now closing the door. He looked handsome in his buttoned dark blue shirt and black jeans.

"Hello, Voj. How are you?" I asked as he took a seat on my bed. I stood up from my seat and walked to him.

"Still Voj," I let out a soft laugh at that as I sat beside him. He took the comb from me and made me turn to comb my hair.

"I missed this." I commented as he began combing my hair.

"Yes, me too." He replied. When we became friends, he always visited me in my apartment and everytime he sees me combing my hair, he likes to comb my hair himself. It calmed me in a strange way if I tell him the truth to his action.
"Anyway, I am really concerned about Montessoro. He looks bad."

"Yes, he does. He was beaten up by five men last night."

"Yes. He told me that. I am curious to how he got away from them."

"Uhm... He owns a weapon industry. Of course he has to know how to defend himself." I told him a matter- of fact.

"True, true." He said making me chuckle.

"I offered to help him but he says he's good. I assume that the fight he got involved in was not a business matter. I think it's a personal matter." He said and that thought stayed in my mind. Yes, it might be. He never reported it to the police and he told me they got what they deserved. Who could hurt him for personal reasons?

"Maybe." I only replied and the silence occupied us. Voj's a good man and being concerned with Montessoro touched my heart. It makes me think how lucky I am to have these two men. They both want something but I won't give in. I have to decide whether it would be Voj and Montessoro because Voj was slowly creeping in my heart too like Montessoro was doing. It worries me that I have that feeling that I was going to fall with the two men. There has to be some factor that will make me decide. I have to decide. I need to do something about this. Is this how complicated love is? Deciding who you really love...