1st piece: Transposition

The song for this chapter is Breathe by Lauv but played in the channel of Koala Kontrol. You can play the song above. :)

Music is the poetry of the air. ~ Richter

Gabriel

It was one o'clock in the morning and we were still at the hill celebrating Percyla and Gio's wedding. The wedding place quickly turned into a reception area where white marble tables were placed at the sides and vintage- designed chairs were scattered everywhere as people watch other people dance. At the center of the area, a large ocean- like rug was laid down on the ground covering almost the entire area luring people to step on it to dance. The place was decorated with solar lights and I remember every woman admire at the firefly lights because of the romantic theme they gave off. With the soft music played, the mood of the attendants of the wedding was all relaxed and enjoying. The rich taste of red wine reached my tongue as I took a drink. Everyone was laughing and celebrating, happiness enveloping the place. A couple of people were dancing. I looked at Percyla and Gio who were slow dancing in the middle, clearly love was in the air and I was quite desirous of them. That bastard has his new life in his arms. I chuckled as I saw Percyla's eyes widen then her face went red as Gio whispered something to her. As I watched them, my eyes caught the attention to the other two who were dancing just a few feet away from the newly- wedded couple. Matt had his arms around Cara's waist as they danced at the slow soft music. Glad their best friend's gay. I hated it that I was just looking at them, Caralei speaking softly at Matt and here I was with a glass of red wine in my hand and the other inside the pocket of my pants, clenched tightly. I hated it that he can do that while I was standing just watching her dance with her best friend.

"Ciao Gabriel!" A voice I have been familiar with went to me.

"Hello Mr. Romano," I acknowledged him and he gave me a smile before taking a sip of his wine. He was an old man in the age of 60 still booming with wealth and power.

"I have been monitoring your actions to my daughter, Gabriel." He said and I went stiff at what I heard. He just looked at me like it was no big deal as he took a drink again but his gaze at me shot me that this was a serious matter.

"I don't want my daughter to get hurt Gabriel," He said and I nodded. I understood him. He knew me since I was a child and he really damn well knew my family.

"Because of you..." He continued his sentence and I pressed my lips together composing myself.

"I won't hurt her Mr. Romano if that is what you are implying."

"You are a good man, Gabriel. I know that. I just want what's best for my daughter. I don't want her to be involved with your family," He frankly said and that made me turn my head to him. I hate it when my family's brought for discussion.

"That's just un- called for Mr. Romano,"

"I am just stating the truth, son. Besides, I knew your family well and I know you since you grew up with Caralei," I sighed at that. Fuck it! Why does my interest be involved with my family? It's not that I will make her stay there. I don't even stay at that house anymore.

"When I am going to date your daughter Mr. Romano, my family will not be interfering with her or even meet her," I said and he raised a brow at me challenging me and it made me angry.

"Are you sure with that Gabriel?" He asked and I gave him a smile not wanting to be defeated at this. I want Caralei and I am going to get her.

"I am sure," I said and he chuckled.

"You sound so sure about going out with my daughter when she doesn't even go out with the other men who tried their luck with her," He said and he finished off his wine.