64th piece: F- Clef

Guillotine by Jon Bellion is the song for this chapter. Take note that each song played in a chapter is related to the chapter or the character. I hope you like it. I have attached the link for the song above so you can play it before you read, while you read or after you have read this chapter.

There's bones in my closet but you hang stuff anyway

And if you have nightmares, we'll dance on the bed

- Jon Bellion, Guillotine

Caralei

I didn't sleep after that. I wanted to go back to sleep but I can't do it. The trauma I had lingered and prevented me to sleep. I only slept for two hours. I showered and wore gym clothes before going to the gym room. I didn't want to wake up my father and tell him I had a nightmare again so I spent the entire time in the gym. I only stopped when I saw the sun starting to rise. I took off my boxing gloves and threw them at the sight breathing heavily. I was wiping the sweat off my body when I heard a knock followed by my father entering the room.

"Are you okay, my dear?" He asked. He's still in his pajamas.

"Yes dad. I'm fine."

"Did you sleep?"

"Yes." He looked around the room taking in that I used every equipment meaning I have been up for a long time.

"I'm fine dad. I had two hours of sleep."

"Did you have a nightmare?" He approached me.

"Yes." I answered weakly and I heard him sigh before I was enveloped in his warmth. He patted my back before he pulled away creating enough space for him to look at me.

"We should really take you to the doctor, Caralei. This is not healthy." He told me but I was stubborn enough to shake my head.

"I will be fine, dad. I don't really want to go back to the hospital. It gives me more anxiety. Time will heal everything, dad." I began to break.

"Oh dear. Hush now. It's going to be okay." He calmed me down and hugged me once more. When he pulled away, he gave me his sweet smile making me smile. But suddenly, his smile faltered and he looked like in pain. He clutched his stomach and I quickly supported him as I thought that he's going to collapse.

"Dad, are you okay?" I checked his temperature but he's good. He chuckled.

"I'm fine, my dear. The nature calls." Oh.

"Aida is now cooking breakfast. Go take a bath while I do my business. I'll meet you for breakfast." He said still clutching his stomach and he hurriedly left. Huh. Maybe his stomach didn't settle the food he ate or the coffee he drank last night? I put the equipment back to their original places since Aida can't carry the barbells and she might be in an accident if she attempts to fix this room. When I was done, I went back to my room and took a bath.

I drove my father to work and I have to finish everything that was needed to be finished before I become the CEO of my dad's company. I have to meet the board and it won't be difficult since I have met them once I became the chief engineer of our company. I am going to make Marc my successor and I didn't break the news to him yet. I signed papers here and there for hours until I took a break. I went out of my crowded office to check my phone for any text messages. I have three messages; one from Aida, and two from Montessoro. I checked Montessoro's first. He texted twice earlier in the morning greeting me a good morning and one wishing me to have a great day at work. He's thoughtful.

Montessoro:

Hi Cara. Are you free after work?