7th piece: Slur

Play Statues by The Eden Project ft. Leah Kelly  provided abovefor this chapter. Enjoy!

Slur - a curved line connecting 2 or more notes of different pitches

Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it. ~ Henry David Thoreau

Caralei

'Never bring a close friend to your erstwhile best friend.' My mind kept ranting the thought. Oh my God but this was the most awkward lunch I ever had in my entire life! We were seated in the middle of the gorgeous and the best restaurant and here we were not enjoying anything of it. We were now eating what Il Migliore brought to us best which proved the name of the proud restaurant. They were very delicious especially the fish with some delicious sauce. However, I can't enjoy it with these two quiet men by my side. Their silence gave me goose bumps.

"So, anything special happening Voj? Montessoro?" I tried to start a conversation but I inwardly winced at what I said. Can this be more awkward?! Montessoro stopped eating and he shot his gaze at Voj before his stormy eyes settled to mine.

"I found a loophole to the alibi of the murderer, Caralei."

"Wow! That's great!"

"Thanks. Your study room had made me think clearly," Voj said and I rolled my eyes at that.

"It's not. It's your creepy thinking process that made you find that loophole." I said and he chuckled.

"Fine then. If you say so, love." He smiled at me as he ate a slice of the delicious fish. It was different from my food. I don't know what it was with the sauce and all but it was looked delicious as well. Then my gaze settled again at Montessoro who was watching us silently.

"I have a big project coming up, Cara. I am planning on involving you with the project." Montessoro spoke, his eyes at me.

"Oh really? What is it?" The news thrilled but at the same time, terrified me. It made me excited because I got a new project coming up. It terrified me to my soul because I have to spend more time with Montessoro.

"Can't tell you yet. It's classified but you'll be the first one to know. I'll assure you that." He said smiling confidently. The way he smiled was intriguing.

"Is it safe? I mean, you are a weapon manufacturer." Voj asked Montessoro and the way his jaw clenched as he looked at my college friend turned my alarm on. Jesus! What's with me observing Montessoro? I have to remove this manner of mine.

"Of course it is safe. I won't let Cara be involved in that project if it hurts her. The plan with Caralei will never hurt her, Voj. I give you my word." He assured and Voj nodded at him, his eyes evaluating Montessoro very carefully.

"Okay. I hope your project will work and be successful." Voj gave his expectations to him. The always confident man smirked.

"Oh it will be, Voj. Don't worry."

"I hope your project will not have a sideline." Voj had this ghost smile on his face as I watched the two men interact before me. It felt like there was some kind of other meaning in it but I can't point it out.

"If we get sidelined, it won't affect the project. It might improve Voj." He smiled and Voj chuckled and his eyes were slightly clouded with animosity. Are they only talking about business now? I think not. If this ended up bad, I might smash their heads together for not acting like gentlemen having a lunch in one of the most famous restaurants in Italy and in the world.