33rd piece: Non- melodic

The song for this chapter is Not A Love Song by Bulow. Enjoy!

non- melodic

- the result when music is constructed only for special effect, here harmony sounds darken, hide or partly exclude the melody or melodic content of a composition.

My idea is that there is music in the air, music all around us; the world is full of it, and you simply take as much as you require.

~ Edward Elgar

Caralei

Everything was getting crazy. From Voj asking me out to Montessoro hugging me and apologizing to me. I should have stayed angry so he will know that I'm not easy to be tamed. However, the moment he hugged me and said that he was sorry, I melted like chocolate melting in burning heat. I hate it that he can make like that. He can make me smile in my angry state. I felt sedated when he touched me. When he talked to me. I was losing my mind with what Montessoro was doing to me. Everything that I have trained to perfection were slowly leaving me. My best friends and my family were the only people who knew the true me; the shy girl with calm features but with a violent typhoon raging in the inside. My best friends, dad, Voj, Gio, Emil, and Montessoro were the only people who have seen the violent side of me. I was not like that when I was a teen. I just changed into a defensive woman when my mom and I were abducted and we were abused and molested. I swore that day that I won't be helpless anymore that's why I became like this. I have triggers and I was afraid that it will start again. My nightmares have begun and I was afraid to sleep for I have violent dreams. I was scared that I can hurt anyone unconsciously like what I did to Dad last year. I had punched him in the face when he tried to wake me up. I don't want to hurt anyone anymore. I don't want to sleep for my nightmares were hunting me. I had slept for three hours today and I felt sluggish. I sighed in exhaustion as I dragged myself to the kitchen. I have to eat if I won't get enough sleep. I opened the refrigerator and grabbed a yogurt. I went to a drawer to my right and pulled it. I grabbed a little spoon before I bumped my hips to close the drawer. I walked aimlessly around the house barefooted as I ate my yogurt. Dad was still not home and so was Aida. They both went out to buy everything needed for our Christmas celebration. I wanted to be the one to go with Dad but when he saw that I looked paler than usual, he didn't let me. I didn't want to push him since I felt weak. As I dug into my yogurt, the memory of me and Montessoro last night crossed my mind again. I blushed again. He might thought that I was a crazy woman since I punched him due to my anger then I was smiling like an idiot when he hugged me and apologized. Damn him for making me feel different emotions. I can't help it! I finished my yogurt and walked back to the kitchen. I put the yogurt container in the trash bin then I washed my spoon. I walked back to my room and fell on my bed with a loud groan. My eyes were now droopy as the softness of my bed plus the silence surrounding me lulled me to sleep. I was about to fall asleep when my phone rang loudly. I groaned again before I got out of my bed and grabbed my phone from the bedside table. I answered it without looking who it was.

"Hello."

"Hi Caralei!" Em's cheerful voice made the drowsiness go away.

"Em! Where are you right now? I miss you so much!" I beamed at her and I heard her chuckle.

"Awww. I miss you too. I'm in India right now but I'll be there by New Year's eve. So, how are you?" The way she dragged her last sentence gave me signs that she knew something.

"I'm okay, I guess. You know..." I trailed off and she was silent.

"You'll be okay, Caralei. I mean, you're the strongest woman I have ever known so you'll get through it. I saw in the internet that your date was Gabriel. Did Percyla set you up with him?" She asked and I went still.