8th piece: Fathom the Opera

Substitute by FRND is the song for this chapter. Can you guess who is this song for? ;)

What passion cannot music raise and quell! ~ John Dryden

Caralei

We spent the night outside the house where I set a campfire. We were cozy in our beanbags as the chilly air enveloped us. The fire gave us warmth and sparks flew up in the air as the logs burned. Our laughter together with the fire's crackling rang in the air as we relished experiences. The smell of the roasted chicken was a perfect combination to our comfortable environment. As I bit a chunk of the chicken leg, Dad told us another story.

"Did Caralei tell you what had happened the first time she went around the factory of our building?" I almost got choked as another embarrassing story of me will be heard from my dad. Voj smirked evilly at the free information he has been taking from my father about me.

"Dad! No." I told him and he just smiled at me while Voj started to squeeze the information out of me and my Dad.

"Why not?" He asked and I glared at Voj.

"Why are you telling him embarrassing things?" I asked him and dad just smiled at me.

"How old was she then?" Voj asked and Dad chuckled.

"Twelve. She became curious at the mechanisms of the factory and she-"

"Dad!" I cut him off as I pulled my white beanie down my face trying to cover my reddish face. Dad chuckled.

"And?" Voj became eager to hear what I have done to the building. I groaned humiliation.

"She sneaked into the engineering department, grabbed a toolbox and began unscrewing some parts of the machines out of curiosity."

"I just wanted to know how it worked." I defended weakly making Voj chuckle even louder.

"The whole factory groaned and crumbled down into its parts when she finished her mission. It was a mess it took two days to put the factory back together:" Voj burst out laughing while I pulled back my beanie up and tried to kill him with my eyes.

"You two are making fun of me over the past hour." I told them as Dad and Voj continued to laugh.

"When she saw what she had done, she hid at a large broken pipeline for..." Dad laughed again as I remember that stupid move I made.

"For hours." Voj laughed again with Dad.

"What the hell?!" Voj spoke as he laughed. Damn him!

"It's not funny."

"Yes it is." Voj contradicted.

"You never told me that." He added.

"It's because it's an embarrassing one. Dad, if you give him one more story about me, I'll never cook Japanese food for you ever again." I threatened and he raised a brow at me completely amused.

"Okay then. You play hard, Cara." He pointed out with a smile. I smirked and Voj let out a sound of disappointment.

"Come on, Cara."

"Want me to tell dad about you?" I asked him with a confident smile and he stopped pleading for another story. His eyes widened which made me chuckle before he cleared his throat.

"Fine."

"Yes. You should tell us about you, Voj." Dad said and Voj's eyes were pure horror.

"Anything you want to tell us about you, son?" He asked to Voj and my jaw dropped at what I heard him call my close friend.