46th piece: Pause

Please listen to Synchronice for this chapter. The song is Illusion. Enjoy!

Music rots when it gets too far from the dance. Poetry atrophies when it gets too far from music. ~Ezra Pound

Gabriel

The house was quiet as I packed my things for the trip. No scratching, barking, whining and tapping sounds can be heard since Brutus was not around. Well, it won't be long when my house will be filled with my team. They would be here in 30 minutes so we can brief each other with everything in the start of our tour. This would be the day that my secret will not be a secret anymore. It's the time for my team to know the true me and I was planning that the next one to know Mech will be Caralei. I have to dress as Mechanical Angel though when we arrive in the airport to start filming my expo and also the music video of my upcoming song Bloodshed. The guys still have not listened to it since I just finished it. I could have published it in Christmas but due to those bastards that my father hired to beat me up, it was delayed. After putting my headphones in my personal bag, I was ready. Checking the time, I thought that Caralei would be up by now so I walked to the bedside table and grabbed my phone.

Me:
Good morning Caralei.

I sat on my bed waiting for her reply. After a minute or two, she replied.

Caralei:

Good morning Montessoro. Just woke up. Have you eaten breakfast?

Me:

Yes. I had breakfast an hour ago. I just finished packing.

Caralei:

That's good. Well, I am wishing you a safe and happy trip.

Me:

Thanks. I'll see you in Australia. Have a great day.

Caralei:

You too. :)

With that, we ended the conversation. Just getting a reply from her brought me joy. I didn't know that it had power to give me a feeling like this. Man. It's ironic that I feel and act like this when I always saw that as an act just to please their partner. I was wrong. It wasn't fake. This was real. I lied on my bed as I went to my gallery and the photos of Caralei appeared. I took pictures of her in Christmas. It was when we were in the living room and I took some picture while Voj took pictures of her and her dad in her camera. She's really beautiful. My favorite one was when she was laughing so hard while we joked around. Swipe after swipe, I captured her beauty; she's trying to be serious in one photo, laughing at the other then the last one that I took was when she had a sweet smile. I had to admit that most of my photos in my phone were about her. I got pictures of places and some stuff but most of the files I have in my gallery were of her. I selected the photo that she was smiling with her teeth flashing and made it as her contact icon. After a few minutes, my manager's face appeared in my screen and my ringtone broke the silence.

"Hello Paul."

"Hey Mech. We're right in front of your house now."

"Okay. Just a sec." I said getting out of bed. I ended the phone call as I went to the door. While I opened it, I tapped a button on my phone screen. The button was connected to the automatic lock I have installed in my gate. The gate beeped as I went out and I heard the honk of a car. I spotted two black SUVs and the first car's window rolled down before the others followed.