61st piece: Major Key

The song for this chapter is Hello Hello by Lewis Watson but the version here will be by Vyen or Johannes Weber. This song is connected to what Gabriel Montessoro feels for Caralei. I hope you like it.

I think sometimes could I only have music on my own terms, could I live in a great city, and know where I could go whenever I wished the ablution and inundation of musical waves, that were a bath and a medicine.

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Caralei

Warmth. That's what I felt first before I opened my eyes. There was warmth enveloping my right hand and it felt good and comforting. It was rubbing the back of my hand and I realized it was somebody's hand. I opened my eyes slowly wanting to know who provided me that amazing feeling.

"Cara?" I didn't see him first but I knew who that voice belonged to. Montessoro. I looked to my right and there he was sitting on the chair beside me with his hands with mine. He released me as he stood up and then he brushed strays of hair from my face. His eyes spoke volumes and what was very clear was his worry. Why would he be worried? I scanned the place I was in and I realized that I was in my room. Wait? For all I knew I was in my father's office.

"It's okay. You're in your room." Montessoro spoke leaning towards me. He might have seen how disoriented I was for a few moments. What did I do there again? It took me a few seconds to remember it. My father was confronting us and it ended with me having an anxiety attack. Oh God! He saw me in that state?! How embarrassing! I wanted to cover myself up from shame so I began to pull my blanket upwards only to be stopped at the sight of an IV attached to me.

"Calm down, Cara." Montessoro said stopping me as I began to blame myself for my behavior. Why can't I remove the negative thoughts I have? Why can't I react like normal people would? Why on earth do I have to have those panic attacks? Why can't I remove them? Will my nightmare stay forever and ruin everything?

"How are you feeling?" He asked while I stayed silent. I was too embarrassed to speak with him. Why is he still here? Wasn't he scared at how violent my reactions were when I was directly confronted? Why wasn't he running away from me? He should be. Who would want a girl that overreacts to a conflict? Who would want a girl that has panic attacks? Is he thinking of me? Of me being a burden to him? He might. He should because I am hard to handle. I have to admit myself that. I cannot control my violent reactions both in verbal and physical way. I just stared at him afraid of speaking. I don't know what would happen now. He saw a glimpse of the real me. He had taken a peek at my dark secret. Is he thinking of leaving me? I shouldn't be surprised if he did that however, pain in my chest made my heart ache at the thought of him leaving me. Would he? He was looking at me, tilting his head from side to side as if assessing the situation. Then, the unexpected happened. He leaned more towards me and then he placed a soft kiss on my forehead. Then he stroked my cheeks before he held one of my hands.

"You are overthinking, Cara. It's okay." He sent me a warm smile. I just nodded confused on why he stayed with me. Wasn't he weirded out or something? 'Cause he should be. He should have.

"How are you feeling?" He asked standing up. He had released my hand as he reached for the pitcher at the bedside table and poured a drink. He handed it to me. I forced myself to get up so I can drink. The sight of the crystal water made my throat itch in thirst. I took it and drank it. I gave it to him silently thanking him. He smiled again and he put the glass on the table.

"Tha- Thank you." I voiced out. He intertwined our fingers together again and gave it a squeeze.

"No problem, Cara."