60th piece: Tremble

The song for this chapter is Trust Issues by Olivia O'Brien. It's provided above. I hope you like this chapter.

Honestly, it's not you it's me

I just have trust issues

~ Olivia O'Brien

Caralei

Ba- dum. Ba- dum. Ba- dum. Ba- dum. I heard my heart beat in a fast pace and I was afraid that it was going to explode any second. He really likes me and he freaking kneeled in front of me! For a moment, I thought this was just a dream of mine but his warm hand intertwined with mine was a sign it wasn't.

"Breathe Caralei. You're tense." He spoke tracing circular patterns on the back of my hand using his thumb.

"I- I am breathing." I stuttered and he chuckled. Damn him. He's making me speak nonsense.

"So what are you going to do after you pick up your dad?" He asked. I let his hand go as I shifted gears.

"Have dinner in the house. You can join if you don't have any plans for tonight." He smiled brightly.

"Of course, Caralei. I can have time for you." I rolled my eyes while he grinned knowing I was not into cheesy words. However, I thought I might have puked just hearing those words from a man but to him, it's making me shiver.

"Plus my men are busy fixing the door you kicked earlier. That's badass, by the way." That made me laugh.

"Yeah? You like me kicking and breaking your door open?"

"Yeah. I think that's hot." He winked at me.

"Wink at me again and I'm going to throw you out of the car." He playfully pouted at me.

"Why would you? You like it, don't you?" He wiggled his eyebrows at me.

"Stop it. You're distracting me." I laughed again focusing on the road before us. Switching the left signal on, I took a left turn and after a few seconds, we were at the company gate. I rolled my window down and the guard took a look.

"Good evening, Ma'am!" He looked at my side and Montessoro waved at him.

"Good evening, Sir!" The guard smiled then opened the gate. I thanked him before I continued to drive.

"Is this yours?" Montessoro asked while I parked the car.

"No. It's Dad's car." He nodded and I turned the engine off.

"I think your dad is going to kill me." He spoke once we were walking towards the entrance. I took a look at him and he was sweating. He took his handkerchief from his pocket and wiped it quickly.

"Better pray he won't do that." I can't help but smile at his nervous state. He took a big gulp and took a large breath before sighing.

"I will speak to my assistant tomorrow about this. He has not even reported to me about this."

"Really?" I was surprised that he has not been informed about this while Cheorgette immediately ran to me when she saw the news.

"Yeah." He scratched the back of his neck.

"Be gentle." I spoke softly. We entered the building and people looked at us in surprise while some were smiling. I just focused my gaze at the elevator trying to ignore their stares.

"I will." Montessoro replied and he knew what I was talking about. He would be firing his assistant for sure and I just wanted him to be calm when he does that. Once we were inside the elevator and it closed, Montessoro pressed the top floor while I breathed out my relief.