13th piece: Melody

Perfect for this day. Love is Alive by Louis The Child  is the song for this chapter. I hope you like this piece!

Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music. ~ Ronald Reagan

Gabriel

It was early in the morning and rain poured heavily outside. With a cup of coffee, I enjoyed the peacefulness and comfort provided by the weather. The aroma of my coffee combined by the sounds the rain made was relaxing. I watched the water ran down washing the pavement. I felt happy in a stupid way this morning and I thought it might be because of the woman who made everything difficult. Was she really that innocent despite her boldness and her confidence or was she playing me? Whatever was the answer, she really gave me a challenge and I was into it. It was great working with her. I was hugely turned on when she worked. She did not even care if she had something on her face or something dirty on her hands. That's the woman I was looking for and all these years, she was right in front of me. I was a stupid man for making my moves on her when she was not ready. I was blind to not see in her eyes that she was afraid of this kind of stuff. Or maybe she was afraid of me? She was dangerous in every way possible to me and I was dangerous to her. We can't even talk normally without fucking it up. We fucked it up everytime. I sighed at the thoughts running wildly inside my head. I can't seem to get her out of my mind. Loud barks echoed inside the house and that made my gaze go to the large dog walking towards me with his tail wiggling.

"Hey boy!" I greeted my black Great Dane and he barked again. I reached down to him and patted his head three times. He sat down with his tail still wiggling.

"Can't play outdoors, huh?" I asked the huge beast and he answered 'yes' with a bark. I absentmindedly traced a scar on his forehead as I looked out of the window again. The scar was a line and it was like two inches long that stretched from the top of his forehead down to the middle of his eyes.

"Let's go down, then. Let's play." I said and I finished my drink. I went to the kitchen and set it down in the sink together with the kitchenwares I used in my breakfast. I went to the basement where my indoor playing area and gym were set. My house was a two- story one; the first floor was the kitchen, living room and dining room and the second floor was my study room, two bedrooms in which the larger one was mine, a small room for my personal space and a small laboratory for my experiments. The basement, of course, provided all the entertainment I wanted. Brutus, my dog, barked again as we entered the basement. Lights automatically turned on as I stepped inside the room. Brutus ran around the room merrily. I took one of his toys which was a small ball and began tossing it in the air. Brutus noticed it and he barked as he ran towards me. He tilted his head from side to side as he waited for me to throw it.

"You want this, boy?" I asked waving the ball in front of him. He barked twice jumping up and down excitedly. It made me happy just seeing how happy he was with me. I wish I can make everyone happy. I thought to myself as I watched my dog wait for me to throw the toy.

"You want this, huh? You want this? Go get it!" I threw it far and he barked again before he ran towards where the ball was. I chuckled as he chased after the ball and after a few seconds, he got it. I wish I got a smaller one just to tease the shit out of him for not getting it quickly. I took the ball from him and threw it again. After a few seconds, he returned and laid the ball in front of me. I patted his head and before I sat down. I chuckled when he licked my cheek repeatedly.

"Okay. Okay. I get it. You love me." He barked and it made me cringe because he's got a loud bark.

"Damn, don't bark when I am this close to you. You'll make me deaf. Don't bark." I snapped my fingers at him to bring his attention to my command and he sat down quietly but I saw his tail still wiggling.