41st piece: Decrescendo

Hurts Like Hell by Fleurie is provided above as a song for this chapter. I hope you like it.

Sorry for this late update. For those who have not read my post earlier here on Wattpad, the reason why I have not posted the chapter on time is because I am currently taking care of my grandparents right now. I have to watch them since they both have Alzheimer's disease. But here it is now! Enjoy!

*Note: The picture below is the composition Bloodshed in Gabriel Montessoro's handwriting (This is posted as promise to the 10k reads! Thanks for the support, loves!) ;) 

 But here it is now! Enjoy!*Note: The picture below is the composition Bloodshed in Gabriel Montessoro's handwriting (This is posted as promise to the 10k reads! Thanks for the support, loves!) ;) 

Were it not for music, we might in these days say, the Beautiful is dead.

~ Benjamin Disraeli

Caralei

As we went to Dr. Franco's room, the strong chemical smell of the hospital was making my stomach turn each second that passed by. I hated the smell of hospitals because for me, it was nauseating and it brought back bad memories of me and my mom. We passed patients, nurses and doctors in the halls and some must have recognized as they sent us curious and confused looks. Finally, we have reached Dr. Franco's room. I knocked on the white door and his secretary, a young woman that I thought was in my age with black hair, soft amber eyes, straight nose and pink lips, opened the door for us. She was pretty and even prettier when she smiled. She greeted us with a warm welcome and let us in. The moment Doctor Franco saw us, he looked at Montessoro in disbelief, eyeing him in the face.

"Hello! How are you, Mr. Gabriel? It looks like you are getting better already. How did you remove all the bruises quickly?" He asked and realization hit us. My mouth formed an 'o' shape while Montessoro tried to wipe the make- up off his face.

"Caralei covered my bruises with make- up since we celebrated Christmas and she wanted to take pictures." The doctor then nodded in understanding, a smile curved up his lips as he made us follow him. We went out of his room and went to the other room where we were greeted by more doctors. I was surprised that he had invited his friends just for us and it was very thoughtful of him. Dr. Franco made the introduction before they went to their jobs. The doctors gave their time to Montessoro as they checked him. I have to wait for him in Dr. Franco's room since they told me it might take long. When they all went back in the room, Montessoro had removed all the make- up on his face but he had a smile so I let out a breath of relief knowing there might be good news. The doctors told me that Montessoro will be well since they have not seen any broken bone or any damage in his internal organs. They were even surprised that Montessoro can take hits like those he had and I was curious on how he did that. Maybe he was used to it? Was it possible that he was always hurt? My God! My heart raced faster with the disturbing thoughts running inside my head. After talking to them and instructing the both of us what to do and what not to do, it was time to go. Since Dr. Franco didn't want to receive anything from us, we thanked him before we bade goodbye. As I drove, Montessoro and I agreed to give Dr. Franco and his friends whatever they needed. It was fair since the doctors promised not to tell a word about this knowing that this will start rumors about the owner of a weapon manufacturing industry being threatened and have been beaten up. It might affect his standing in the business world.
Silence enveloped us inside the car but it was not awkward, rather, it was just a comfortable silence. My eyes might be on the road but I had felt him constantly looking at me. The the longest was when I turned to a corner that we shouldn't take when we go home.