89th piece: End of Beat

The song for this chapter is Repeat Until Death by Novo Amor. Please listen to the song because it really connects to this chapter. I have provided a link above so you can play it.

Don't go, you're half of me now

But I'm hardly stood proud

I said it, almost

Oh, I've been low, but damn it, I bet it don't show

It was heaven a moment ago

Oh, I had it, almost

We had it, almost

Oh, I can't seem to let myself leave you

But I CAN'T BREATHE ANYMORE

Oh, I can't seem to not need to need you

And I can't breathe anymore

~ Novo Amor

Gabriel Montessoro

"Edmond, you can now go home. I'll take the other car." I said to my driver as we arrived.

"Of course, Sir. I'll bring your bags inside and I will be going." I nodded at him in agreement and got out of the car. Unlocking the main door, I went inside first followed by Edmond carrying my suitcase. The house was silent but it was only for a moment as Brutus began barking.

"I'm home, Brutus!" I shouted at him and he whined before he got quiet. I went directly to my room and started packing clothes and my other things I will be bringing to the office tomorrow. It took me a few minutes getting everything and I included Brutus' stuff.

"Sir, your things are all here." I heard Edmond say before I spotted him standing by my door.

"Thank you. I'll see you tomorrow."

"You're welcome, sir. Goodbye." He said nodding at me with a warm smile on his face before he turned around and walked away. Looking around my room, I noticed my things were put into place and I can imagine Mary huffing and sighing as she put my things in place. I took out my wallet and car keys and put them on my table. I took off my shirt, planning on showering before going to Cara's place when I heard Brutus bark again.

"Brutus! Quiet!" I shouted at him but he didn't listen to me. Instead, he barked louder than before which made it unusual. Then, I heard my phone ring with alarm and I quickly stood up on high alert. Someone is here. Someone is trying to force its way inside. I grabbed my phone and quickly checked my surveillance app that I have personally created for the house in my phone. The man who was bringing nightmares in my life has opened the gate and was now trying to come inside the house. I quickly grabbed a new shirt and threw it on.

"What are you doing here?" I asked in a mumble before I ran to the main door. I was still looking at the surveillance camera as I made my way to the main door. He began to knock. I disabled my alarm and opened the door.

"Hello father. What are you doing here?" I greeted him and he smiled in a weird way that it made me uncomfortable.

"Hello son. What? Am I not welcome into your home?" He didn't answer my question.

"Look. I just want to talk." I raised a brow at him not believing that he was just here to talk because every time we had a talk, it always ended up with us punching each other. However, he's in my house so I have my own protection if ever anything happens. I looked out of the house and noticed his black SUV parked outside near the gate.